Sunday 13 August 2023

Rainy Day in NY


Good Morning
I made today's card for a challenge over at Splitcoast.
The challenge was to create a monochromatic scene.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock, then placed it into my Misti with the stamp.  
  • Next, I inked the stamp up with some Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink and stamped it.
  • Leaving the stamp in place, I moved my card panel slightly up and over, then inked up the stamp again with some Uncharted Mariner DOX ink and stamped to get the offset, repeated image.
  • Using a wet paintbrush, I went over the ink to blur out the lines and make it look more like a rainy, wet day. 
  • I decided not to add a sentiment so I could use this card for any occasion.
  • After the panel was dry, I glued it onto a piece of blue cardstock, then onto a white A2 sized card base.

Many thanks for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Sweet Stampin'- BASED ON A BOOK/SONG/FILM (song- NY< NY)
We Love Stamping- MASCULINE
Time Out- MONOCHROMATIC

Supplies
Stamp- Watercolor NY (Technique Junkies)
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); paintbrush

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Karen this is stunning - love how you used the two colours and the offset stamping. The addition of the water gives a stunning result
Blessings
Maxine

kiwimeskreations said...

Back again., wearing my DT hat - this is stunning, and still fabulous on my second visit!
Thank you for sharing this with us at We Love Stamping this month, and using the theme.
Blessings
MAxine WLS DT

brenda said...

A super tone on tone watercolour effect, perfect for a masculine card, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping August challenge.

B x

Pat said...

That really has the look of rain with that slightly blurred look you have given it with the double image stamping and added water Karen, and love the two different shades of blue. x

Gerrina said...

I thought this would be a challenge right up your ally... It is beautiful! Love the blue and the odset stamping! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!