Tuesday 8 August 2023

Wishes


Welcome
I made today's card as an experiment to see how stenciling would look over some patterned paper that I have so much of and never use.
This new stencil called Aztec Pattern from A Colorful Life Designs was calling for me to try it out.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I looked through my stash of patterned paper and picked out this one that had some yellow and green dots on it.  
  • I cut a piece of the patterned paper, placed it onto my Make Art Station and positioned the Aztec Pattern stencil over it, then I inked it up with some Rustic Wildness Distress Oxide ink.  The designs blended together so well.
  • I splattered with my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • When dry, I die cut the sentiment from some white cardstock and then the sentiment shadow from the center of the inked panel.  I glued those 2 together.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of yellow cardstock, then onto an A2 card base.
  • I used some foam tape to pop the sentiment back into place in the center of the card front.
  • I added 3 silver gems around the sentiment.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Mon.- HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Crafting Happiness- ANYTHING GOES
AAA Birthday- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.); patterned paper ??
Accessories and Tools- stencil- (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
TE Blending Brushes, white Posca pen, silver gems

5 comments:

Pat said...

What a great idea to add the aztec stencilled design over the yellow and green dotty paper Karen, and the large white sentiment stands out wonderfully well over the top. x

Makira said...

WOW! Great use of stencils! Awesome card!!!! If you’re interested in adding your card to another challenge, check out my challenge here: https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/
Cheers, Makira

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a wonderful background Karen - love how nicely the paper and stencil 'played' together.
Blessings
Maxine

Jane said...

Such a great choice of colours , reminds me at first glance of a water melon. Fab card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Another fabulous background! Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday