Sunday 20 August 2023

Let's Create


Hello and Welcome
Today's card features another wonderful geometric shaped stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called 

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by looking through my stash of inky backgrounds and found this one.  It was one that I had rolled my brayer off onto while I was Gel Plate printing.  It had some orange in the center and pink along the edges.  That was my starting point.
  • I took the panel and placed it onto my Make Art Station and positioned the Mid Century Angles stencil over that.
  • Next, I inked up the middle area with some Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide ink and then used some Picked Raspberry DOX ink along the edges.
  • I removed the stencil and splattered with my white Posca pen.
  • To add a bit more interest to the design, I stamped a star into some of the open areas of the stenciled background.
  • When the ink was all dry, I placed the panel into my Misti to stamp the sentiment into the middle and clear heat embossed it.
  • I glued it onto a piece of pink cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • Lastly, I added 3 black gems around the sentiment.

Here is the stencil I used:

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Mon.- USE YOUR FAV TECHNIQUE (stenciling)
Shopping Our Stash- HOT, HOT, HOT (I used hot colours)

Supplies
Stamps- Just Be Happy (Visible Image); Feelin Fizzy (stars- Catherine Pooler)
Inks- DOX; Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Speedball brayer; white Posca pen,
Make Art Station (Ranger); Misti; TE Blending Brushes; clear eb powder; black gems

4 comments:

SmilynStef said...

One of my favorite color combinations ... so glad you got Hot Hot Hot! with us at Shopping Our Stash.

dj said...

Hot! Hot! Hot! Way to go shopping your stash!! Yes...these hot colors are a fun interpetation of our challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Thanks for playing along with us for our "Hot" challenge!!
-Deb Horst, DT #SOS503

Pat said...

What a great piece of 'roll off' Karen and the stencilling looks wonderful over the top using matching inks tone on tone, and a lovely sentiment too. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Awesome use of your 'roll off' sheet Karen, and a striking card as a result
Blessings
Maxine