Monday 28 August 2023

Comfort and Peace


Hello and Welcome
Today's card were part of a challenge to create one inked or stamped piece of cardstock, then cut in half to create 2 cards.

So, here's what I did to create my cards.
  • On my walk, I collected some grasses and leaves that I wanted to use on my cards.
  • I got out my Gel Plate and pressed some Bundled Sage, Cracked Pistachio and some Lucky Clover Distress Oxide ink directly onto my Gel Plate.  I used my brayer to blend the colours together.
  • Next, I carefully laid the grasses I had picked up onto the plate, then rubbed a piece of white cardstock over the Plate to create the print. 
  • I used my black Posca pen and splattered over the images.
  • When it was all dry, I cut the piece of white cardstock in half to create 2 A2 sized card.
  • I placed the inked panel into my Misti and one at a time, stamped the sentiment onto them.
  • I glued each finished panel onto a piece of green cardstock before adding it to the base.



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my cards to these challenges:
A Place to Start- ANYTHING GOES- OPTION TREES or LEAVES
The Paper Funday Challenge- ANYTHING GOES- OPTION OUTDOORS

Supplies
Stamps- Comfort and Peace (Penny Black); Treasure (Verses)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Gel Plate; Speedball Brayer; grasses picked on a walk; 
black Posca pen; black gems

7 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Beautiful card and the sentiment is especially nice. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

kiwimeskreations said...

How beautiful Karen - Love how you have usesd the grasses against the green to form the design
I got my gelli plate out last week, and used the DOX inks, and they 'bubbled' and did not spread or blend nicely at all - I must try again
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A gorgeous technique and a gorgeous card Karen.
Faith x

Lori m said...

Stunning card and beautiful sentiments, hugs, Lori m

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful cards and I love the sentiments on them!

Pat said...

Wonderful gelli plate pieces using foliage you picked whilst out on a walk, and the colours are so pretty Karen...great added sentiments too. x

Anke said...

Your cards are so beautiful, I love the sentiments ...