Friday 11 August 2023

You Are a Classic


Happy Friday and Welcome!
Today's card is a simple one using and old pair of jeans and my Gel Plate.
A good masculine card to have on hand.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock first and got out my Gel Plate.
  • I pressed some Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink onto my Gel Plate and using a brayer, I smoothed it all out on the plate. 
  • Next, I took an old pair of my husband's jeans and pressed them onto the plate to transfer the details of the pants.
  • I lifted the pants off and took my white cardstock and rubbed over my plate to take the print.
  • When the piece was dry, I stamped the sentiment into the corner.
  • I glued the card front onto a piece of black cardstock, then onto an A2 card base.
  • To finish the card off, I added 5 silver gems under the sentiment.

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Monday- Happy Birthday
Use Your Stuff- RECYCLED/ UPCYCLED
Time Out- MONOCHROMATIC

Supplies
Stamp- Feelin Fizzy (Catherine Pooler)
Ink- Distress Oxide
Paper- heavy white- (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- old jeans; Gel Plate; brayer; silver Gems

13 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Karen... this card is not simple! I had to reread your words twice. I am amazed. What a creative idea to press actual jeans onto your gell plate. THe effect is amazing... I would never have guessed. LOVE IT. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at TIME OUT this week!

Alison said...

This. Is. So. COOL!!!! I love how it came out! Fabulous idea to use your husband's jeans!!!

Ida said...

Oh my gosh how clever are you! I would never have thought to use old jeans to use on a card. This is awesome.

Christine said...

That is one amazing use of jeans and a Gelli plate!! Well done you, very well done.

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic. I have a gel plate but not very good at using it. Lori

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful print - and a great card, Karen
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

If it weren't for you, I'd never see something so sensational as this card, Karen! WOWZERS how in the world did you ever think to try this???? Fabulous results and what a one-in-a-million masculine card!
=]

Carole said...

What a clever idea. I love this background and your card. I have a gel press and still haven't used it. Need to get it out of the drawer and make something.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! My goodness, Karen, what an ingenious thought to place the jeans onto the gelli and ink. I am overwhelmed with your creativity.
Faith x

Tammy L said...

This is amazing! I totally love how this card turned out. What a way to upcycle the jeans! Ingenious! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again soon!
Tammy DT Co-ordinator.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is genius. And absolutely fabulous! Thanks for sharing this awesome creation at Time Out!

Kate said...

A brilliant card Karen - what a genius idea to use the jeans on the Gel Plate and absolutely perfect sentiment! Understandably, it's received an Honourable Mention at Time Out - I do hope you'll grab your badge and wear it with pride!
Hugs, Kate!

Haven_mom4 said...

So cool. Thanks for sharing with us at use Your Stuff