Saturday 26 August 2023

Sleek Deco


Welcome
Meet today's card using one of the new stencils from A Colorful Life Designs called

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut some white paper strips the same size that would fit across the front of my A2 sized card.
  • I got out my Waffle Flower Stencil Mat and placed the first paper strip in place with the Sleek Deco stencil over that and inked it up with some Villainous Potion Distress Oxide ink.
  • I repeated that process with each paper strip, cleaning the stencil off each time as not to muddy the colours.  I used some Cracked Pistachio, Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers DOX inks for the rest of the strips.
  • I used some foam tape to pop up the strips onto a piece of white cardstock, then glued that onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I die cut the 'celebrate' sentiment with white 3 times and glued it together for more stability.
  • I inked the bottom part of the letters with the same colours as were on the strips.
  • Finally, I added 3 silver gems around the sentiment.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Many thanks for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Stencil Mat (Waffle Flower); 
TE Blending Brushes; silver gems; Celebrate die (MFT)

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Very clever use of the stencil, Karen - a glorious collection of colours and a wonderful card.
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A great stencil, love how you have used it Karen, lovely colour mix.
Faith x

Pat said...

I love the pretty stencilled strips as a background to the large 'celebrate' die cut, and what a great idea to ink the bottom of the sentiment using the four colours to line up with the colour beneath which looks wonderful Karen. x