Saturday 12 August 2023

Bold Birthday


Good Morning
Here's another card I made using some of the patterned paper I have in my stash.
I used the Blowout stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by looking through my stash of patterned papers until I found this fun striped one.
  • I cut a piece for my card front, set it onto my Make Art Station and positioned the Blowout stencil over that.
  • I inked up the stencil with some Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide ink, then splattered with my white Posca pen.  The red worked very well with the stripes.
  • While that dried, I stamped out the sentiment with some more DOX ink and then die cut it out.
  • I glued the finished panel onto a piece of red cardstock, then onto a whiter A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to pop the sentiment up and put 3 red gems around it.

Here is the stencil I used:

Many thanks for stopping by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Mon.- HAPPY BIRTHDAY
My Time to Craft- STENCILING
The Male Room- DOTS and/or STRIPES

Supplies
Stamp- Big and Bold Sentiments (SSS)
Ink- DOX
Paper- patterned??  heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger); 
red gems (Dollar Store); white Posca pen

7 comments:

Pat said...

The Blowout stencilling looks great over the pretty striped paper Karen, and that bright red certainly packs a punch, and finish perfectly with the matching sentiment and white spattering. x

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely amazing Karen so fabulous what you do as a designer.. x

kiwimeskreations said...

What great use if the stencil over the patterned paper Karen, and a stunning card as a result. The big, bold sentiment is perfect
Blessings
Maxine

cuilliesocks said...

What a bright bold card Karen, great colours, Kate x

Jeanne H said...

Super well done!

AndrejaM said...

A wonderful masculine card. You used the dots and lines perfectly. Thanks for playing at The Male Room challange.

Andreja said...

What a fantastic card :-)) I like dots and stripes!
Thank you for joining us at The Male Room ❤️