Sunday 6 August 2023

Cheers to You!


Good Morning
Isn't this new for August Crumpled Checks stencil from A Colorful Life Designs so fun?
I did a fun technique called Joseph's Coat to bring my card to life.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock and did some ink blending with my Distress Oxide inks.  From top to bottom these are the colours I used:  Villainous Potion, Uncharted Mariner, Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon, Fossilized Amber.
  • I set it aside to dry completely before moving onto the next steps.  
  • When it was dry, I placed it onto my Make Art Station and rubbed over it with some anti-static powder.  This is an important step for this technique to work.
  • I positioned the Crumpled Checks stencil over my inky background and inked up with some Versafine Clair ink.  
  • I carefully removed the stencil and sprinkled some clear embossing powder over the whole piece and heat embossed it.
  • I die cut the sentiment onto some black cardstock and added it onto a piece of clear vellum.
  • I glued the inked panel onto a piece of purple cardstock, then onto a white A2 sized card base.
  • I glued the sentiment along the bottom and added 3 black gems.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- MULTI- PURPOSE
Color My Heart Color Dare- COLOR CHALLENGE
Crafty Calendar- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX, Versamark Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.); vellum
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); clear eb powder; anti-stick powder;
Cheers (MFT); black gems

11 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

A very striking card with those dramatic colours, fabulous design, Kate x

Pat said...

This is very striking Karen with the black embossed crumpled check stencilling and the beautifully blended brightly inked background..love the 'Cheers' placed over the vellum outline too which works brilliantly. x

Alyson Mayo said...

Terrific ink blending and I love the pattern! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

Jeanne H said...

Love the colors you chose and the striking design. Great work.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This has great impact Karen, love the stencil and the shine on your card. Just wonderful.
Faith x

kiwimeskreations said...

A stunning example of the joseph's Coat technique, Karen, and a fabulous card as a result
Blessings
Maxine

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Great technique for your bold pretty background and like that you used vellum for your sentiment to not hide any of the background. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Kate said...

Such a striking card! Your bold background looks fabulous!

Thanks for joining us for our “multipurpose” challenge at Little Red Wagon this week! We’re delighted that you chose to play along!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Aimee said...

I love this! Bright, bold, and I'm here for it. Just awesome card. Thanks for playing along with us at Color Dare xoxo

Cat Nowak said...

You created such a fun and bright card! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card, I love the bold background. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Bev x