Sunday 9 June 2024

Paint Pulling


Good Morning
Here is a fun card I created using some Paint Pulling.
I haven't done this in so long but after watching a Friday Night Live with Vicki Boutin, I wanted to make a card using this technique again.  
You can do this technique using inks diluted with water, but the effect is better using some acrylic paint.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut 2 piece of cardstock as I wanted to use one to die cut after inking.
  • I placed a dab of the blue paint on the edge of my card panel and then using an old gift card, I dragged the paint across the paper.
  • I repeated that process with the green until most of the panel was covered with some paint.  I was sure to leave some white space too.  So sorry I don't have a picture of the panels in process.  I got so into it and forgot.
  • When the panels were dry, I stenciled in places using the Messy Dot Grid stencil with some Peacock Feathers and some Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink.
  • To add even more interest, I stamped the numbers randomly over the panels with some Mermaid Lagoon DOX ink.
  • I used one of the panels to die cut the sentiment and glued it onto the black shadow die.
  • I cut the other panel into strips of random size, then glued those onto another piece of white cardstock.  
  • I glued the finished card front panel onto a piece of black cardstock, then onto a white A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to add the sentiment over the middle.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Here is the link to Vicki's FNL video:

Adding my card to these challenges:
CRAFT- MASCULINE
Simon Says Wed.- MASCULINE

Supplies
Stamps-Numerator (AALL and Create)
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook: Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Paints (Vicki Boutin);
old gift card; die (Concord and 9th)

2 comments:

Pat said...

The colours are so bright and pretty Karen and I love the paint pulling and then the added stencilling with the dots and stamping with the numbers which adds lots of interest to the background, and the added die cut sentinent using more of the same backed with black to match the matted layer really makes the whole thing pop. x

alice k. said...

This is such a cheerful card. I have done paint dragging but I never had those straight white lines between the lines. Did you use a masking tape in the process? That looks so cool.