Sunday 30 June 2024

Hooray Graduate

Hello and Welcome
Today's card features a new for June stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called

So, here's what I did to create my simple card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station.  I placed the Wild Rings stencil over the cardstock and inked it up with some Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink.  
  • Leaving the stencil in place, I used a small inking brush to ink just the insides of the circles with some Salty Ocean DOX ink to add more interest.
  • Next, I stamped the Hooray with some more Salty Ocean DOX and die cut it out.
  • I found some cardstock that was the same colour as the Salty Ocean and used that to die cut the image.  I glued that along the bottom of the stenciled panel.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of blue cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to add the sentiment across the top.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Just Us Girls- STENCIL ANYTHING GOES
Little Red Wagon- LAYER IT UP

Supplies
Stamps- HOORAY (TE)
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Blending Brushes (TE);
Make Art Station (Ranger); Grads die (AMAZON)

4 comments:

Carol said...

What a fun card! Definitely a celebration on paper! Great colors too! Thanks for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

kiwimeskreations said...

A great background for you silhouette die cut Karen - a wonderful result
Blessings
Maxine

Imke said...

Ohhh, this is super cool Karen. Thanks for joining us @Little Red Wagon and good luck in the Top 3 draw.

Imke ~ My Crafty Place

Pat said...

What a wonderful graduation card Karen, and the rings make a beautiful background and love the monochromatic look in shades of blue and finished with the 'Hurray' die cut sentiment..just perfect for those with family members graduating right now. x