Friday 28 June 2024

Time for Fun!

Welcome
I had fun playing with this new for June stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed the Orderly Waves stencil over a piece of white cardstock and inked it up with some Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink and some Rustic Wilderness DOX ink. 
  • I lifted the stencil off, cleaned it and then repositioned it.  I inked again with some Tumbled Glass and some Broken China DOX ink to create a fun pattern.
  • Next, I got out the sentiment and used the shadow die to cut right from the stenciled panel.  I die cut the sentiment with some black cardstock as well.
  • I glued the sentiment onto the shadow die that was cut from the card front.
  • I glued the card front onto a piece of green cardstock, then onto a white A2 sized card base.
  • I fitted the die cut sentiment back into place over the card front.
  • Lastly, I added 3 black gems below the sentiment.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- LAYERS  
(stencil layering)
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Cardz 4 Guyz- ANYTHING MASCULINE

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); 
Oh What Fun die ((A Pocket Full of Happiness); black gems; Inking Brushes (TE)

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A fascinating card full of movement Karen - the black diecut sentiment really was the perfect addition to it, and using the shadow cut from the background was brilliant
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A clever card in all respects Karen, Fun too. x

dj said...

Oh what fun!! love the way you layered this stencil!! Thanks for playing along with our "anything goes" challenge over at Cardz4Guyz!! You nailed this masculine challenge with this "pump it up" card!!
Deb Horst, DT #C4G

Imke said...

You did a great job with our "Layers" theme @ Little Red Wagon this week. FUN card. Thanks for joining us and good look in the TOP 3 draw.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE