Friday 14 June 2024

Fintastic Birthday Wishes to You!


Good Morning and Welcome
Meet one of the new stencils for June from A Colorful Life Designs called:
These fish look as though they are swimming around in a circle, but there is a perfect open space to add any kind of sentiment.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and then added the Fishy Frame stencil over that.
  • I inked with my Distress Oxides with these colours, varying them as I went along:  Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch and some Uncharted Mariner.
  • I removed the stencil and diluted some Peacock Feathers DOX ink with water and used that to splatter over the fish.
  • When the panel was dry, I placed it into my Misti and stamped the sentiment into the open area.
  • I glued the panel onto a piece of mottled blue cardstock and then onto an A2 sized white card base.
  • Final step was to add 3 black gems right under the sentiment.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- BRIGHT AND COLORFUL
Crafts Galore Encore- ANYTHING GOES
The Four Seasons- ANYTHING SUMMER GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Lost for Words (Visible Image)
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
TE Blending Brushes; black gems

2 comments:

Pat said...

Such fabulous stencilled fish in pistachio with the three blues Karen, and the black stamped sentiment and black enamel dots finish it beautifully. x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful stencil - so much movement! You have made a fabulous card Karen
Blessings
Maxine