Monday 17 June 2024

Happy Father's Day to My Guy


Welcome
Today, I am having fun creating a card for Father's Day for my husband.  I am using the newly released stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called:

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed the Swirling Droplets stencil over a piece of white cardstock and randomly inked it up with some Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers and some Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink.
  • I removed the stencil and then rubbed some of the Peacock Feathers DOX ink along the edges of the card front panel.
  • Next, I used my black Posca pen and splattered the whole panel.
  • While that dried, I stamped and clear heat embossed the beer cans and fussy cut them out.
  • To add colour to the cans, I pressed the Cracked Pistachio and the Peacock Feathers ink pads onto a piece of acetate, sprayed with water and dragged the stamped cans through the wet ink.
  • I stamped the sentiment from the same set onto a little piece of inky cardstock and then set aside to dry.
  • I glued the card front panel onto a piece of pale green cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to add the cans over the center of my card front and then added the sentiment under it using some more of the foam tape.
  • To finish my card off, I added 2 black gems on either side of the sentiment.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Sweet Stampin'- FATHER'S DAY/ SPECIAL MAN
Allsorts- MASCULINE
Papercraft Challenges- FOR THE BOYS

Supplies
Stamps- Cheers Bruh (Unity)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook, Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
black Posca pen; acetate sheet; black gems

7 comments:

Pat said...

The beer cans are great Karen, and the stencilled Swirling Droplets make a wonderful background with the sentiment and the black gems as finishing touches..a super Father's Day card for your husband. x

Chris said...

What a great Father's Day card. The swirling droplets in those brilliant blues and greens are perfect with the beer cans- I love it!
thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Chris
x

kiwimeskreations said...

A striking card Karen - love your random inking of the stencil, and how you 'coloured' the cans
Blessings
Maxine

Liz said...

Great card Karen, I love the stencilled background. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Masculine option.
Liz xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a great masculine card Karen, it made me smile too. x

Sarah said...

What a brilliant masculine card, the background is fantastic. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

aussie aNNie said...

Amazing card, love the embossed beer can stamps and the background is awesome as always x