Sunday 7 July 2024

Look Who's Having a Birthday!

Welcome
Today's card features the new for July stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called
This is a fun, 2 part stencil that can be used to create some very cool retro looking cards.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I put a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and placed Mid Century Mod Pods stencil #1 over that and inked with some Salty Ocean and a hint of Uncharted Mariners Distress Oxide ink.
  • I lifted that stencil off and put Stencil #2 into place, matching up where the pattern should go.  I inked that up with some Cracked Pistachio and a hint of Rustic Wilderness DOX ink.
  • Next, I stamped the Marquee onto another piece of white cardstock with more of the Salty Ocean Distress ink and fussy cut it out.  I used Copic markers in the same green and blue colour as the background to colour in parts of the marquee.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of dark green cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to pop the marquee in the middle of the card front.

Here are the stencils I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- STARS/and or STRIPES
(new stencil and new to me stamp set)

Supplies
Stamps-Marquee Messages (SU)
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
TE Blending Brushes; Copic Markers

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the retro feel of these stencils with your colouring and design Karen. x

Pat said...

The background stencilling looks marvellous Karen and I love the blue and green tones, and the added stamped centrepiece with the arrow pointing to the sentiment is great, and it certainly has that retro feel. x

Barbara Godden said...

Great stenciling, and my fav. two colours together, nice shading a perfect B'day card, thanks for joining us at SOS for the Summer challenge.