Friday 26 July 2024

Mid Century Tower

Welcome
Here's a simple card for you today featuring the new for July stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called:

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by masking the center part of my white cardstock on either side with some scrap paper, then placed the Mid Century Tower stencil over that and inked with some Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink.  (I masked off so I could have 3 distinctive bands of colour.)
  • I lifted the paper masks off and moved them to cover the middle and then placed the stencil back down, matching it up into place.  I inked with some Ripe Persimmon DOX ink.
  • I removed the stencil and splattered with my white Posca pen.
  • I found some inky castoffs in my scraps that had the same colours as the background and I used them to die cut the flowers.
  • I stamped the sentiment with more of the Ripe Persimmon DOX ink and then die cut it out.
  • I wanted the flowers too show up against the stenciled background, so I cut a piece of clear vellum and glued that over the left corner of my card front and then glued the flowers over that.
  • I glued the stenciled card front panel onto a piece of pink cardstock, then onto an A2 sized white card base.
  • Finally, I used some foam tape to add the sentiment into the corner.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- BEAUTIFUL BLOOMS
Simon Says Monday- ADD A SENTIMENT
Just Us Girls- ANYTHING GOES WITH A STENCIL

Supplies 
Stamps- Big and Bold Stamp and die (SSS)
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Holly Hocks die (IO); white Posca pen

8 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Karen... great color choice for your smattering of graphics and flowers. Very fun! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls for stencil week.

Pat said...

The pink and orange inks look very pretty together Karen and I love the added flowers and an orange toned sentiment to finish, and the bright pink makes a great background layer against the white base card..a bright and beautiful card. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Great use of the fascinating stencil Karen
Blessings
Maxine

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a great stencil and Card. I do love mid-century patterns. Thanks for joining in at JUGS.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

More fantastic use of stencils, I absolutely love the colour mix. Love it. x

Karen Dunbrook said...

Thanks so very much.

Karen Dunbrook said...

thanks so much!

Karen Dunbrook said...

thank so much...very appreciated!