Friday 12 July 2024

Bright and Happy Birthday

Welcome

For today's card, I went with a bit of a 'rainbow' theme with the colours I added over this new stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called:

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and put the Mid Century Jacks and Balls stencil over that.  
  • Starting at the top corner and moving my way down, these are the colours I used to blend together:  Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry and some Peacock Feathers.
  • After I had inked the whole panel, I decided to add a Stitched border to give more interest to my card.
  • I die cut the sentiment with some white cardstock 4 times and glued 3 of them together.  I inked the 4th one with the same colours I had used on the background mentioned above and glued that onto the top of the stack.
  • I glued the card front onto a piece of navy cardstock, then added the sentiment across the front.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- SOMETHING YOU LOVE
(I love using these colours together)
Word Power- WORDS AS YOUR FOCUS

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- Distress Oxides (Ranger)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
Diagonal Stitch Rectangle Stacklets (TE); TE Blending Brushes;
Happy Birthday die (Lawn Fawn)

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this bright, rainbow-esque card Karen - the colours are so vibrant and cheerful
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Definitely bright and happy Karen, it's a wonderful card. x