Saturday, 19 September 2026

Autumn Joys

Welcome
It's beginning to look and feel more and more like Fall everyday here where I live. 
I decided to create a Fall inspired card using this new stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by placing a piece of white cardstock into my Misti and I stamped the Leafy Leaves background stamp with black ink.
  • I then placed the Waning Leaves stencil over the stamped background and inked it up with some Distress Oxide inks in these colours:  Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon, Lumberjack Plaid and Rustic Wilderness.
  • I splattered the whole panel with my white and my black Posca pen and sent aside to dry.
  • I die cut the sentiment 5x's and then glued them all together, creating a stacked sentiment.
  • I glued my dried card front panel onto a piece of white cardstock and then onto a piece of red and the onto a white A2 sized card base.
  • I glued the sentiment across the middle to finish my card off.

Here is the stencil I used:

My Discount Code for Your Entire Order from A Colorful Life Designs:

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Word Power- WORDS AS FOCUS
Crafty Gals Corner- ANYTHING GOES/FALL FOLIAGE
Craft Rocket- USE DIES
Time Out- SEASONAL COLOURS WHERE YOU LIVE
(Fall in Canada)

Supplies
Stamp- Leafy Leaves background (SSS)
Inks- DOX
Paper- solar white
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes;
Live, Love die (Frantic Stamper); white and black Posca paint pen

6 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a very beautiful autumnal card, love the black stamping with the colourful leaves. x

Pat said...

Beautiful autumn toned stencilled leaf design over the stamped black outline leaves which work beautifully together Karen, and a lovely large bold black sentiment to finish...a brilliant card. x

Darlene said...

This is AWESOME Karen! (Don't forget about our Stencil Fun Challenge Blog.)
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Word Power challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Word Power Co-Owner

Bobby said...

The juxtaposition of the colored leaves and the outlined ones give a very artsy look to your card, Karen. Thanks for sharing it with us at Time Out.

Jaydee said...

Karen, what a fabulous background - great job on the blending. I love that you paired it with a bold black sentiment. Great card. So glad you shared it with us at Time Out this week
Jaydee

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

I absolutely love your card! Thank you for joining us this week at
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges .
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Blessings! Jeanie Ellis, DT, Crafty Gals Corner
www.craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com