Saturday 24 March 2018

Beach Inspired



Happy Saturday.
I have been so super busy and missing my 'play' time so I just went for it today and played around with inks and paper.  No direction or plan; just grabbed some inks and paper and stamps and drywall tape of course!

So, I began by rubbing some Peacock Feather Distress Oxide ink onto an acetate sheet, sprayed with water and pressed onto my paper.  I hope you are not sick of me talking about my Acetate Inking Technique but it is so super easy, fast and fun to do that I am addicted to it for adding ink to a background.  I repeated that process using Salty Ocean DOX then some Faded Jeans as well, overlapping the inks. 
Again, make sure you dry the layers of ink before adding more on top for better coverage.
After I had inked the paper to where I was happy, I sat and thought about what to do next.
I remembered that I had rediscovered an old stamp in my stash that has no name on it.  I bought it so many years ago but it has a sort of nautical theme to it.  It is a wood block, 4 sided stamp and one of the sides has the stars on it so I grabbed that and inked them with more Salty Ocean DOX and stamped.
After that, I stamped some details and then this wonderful sentiment from Inkylicious that is new-to-me  I added further detail by stenciling with some drywall tape, splattering with a paintbrush then....I had created a collage style card.

Where will your 'play' time take you?


Have a great weekend and thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
A Inky Mess- MIXED MEDIA
Artistic Stamper- STENCILS AND MASKS
A Bit More Time to Craft- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Footprints (Inkylicious); stars (Christine Adolph, Stampington); Mixed Media Elements (STAMPlorations); 
Collage Des Ronds (Carabelle)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Distress Oxides (Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers,
Faded Jeans)
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; drywall tape; acetate sheet; Mister (TH); paintbrush

18 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the mix of blues and stamps, a great technique with the acetate, (maybe when I am better with stamps LOL) Always a joy to see your work Karen.
Faith
x

Pat said...

Those colours of oxides are gorgeous together and no wonder it is your favourite combination Karen and I love all the stamping and stencilling on top of the this acetate inked background. It is a great way to apply the inks for a beautifully random look. x

Dotty Jo said...

A beautiful mix of colours and images, Jo x

Glennis F said...

That is really beautiful Karen, I love your mix of blues

foleysfriend said...

Love all your acetate inking cards. They are inspiring. Hope to have time in my craft space tomorrow to see where this technique takes me!

Craftychris said...

I love the way you build up your fabulous backgrounds and the sentiment is wonderful! A gorgeous card! xxx

nancy littrell said...

Your collages are always a work of art, my friend. I love reading your detailed descriptions and seeing if I can find all the details..always hunting for your dry wall tape and more:-) Love your colors of course and your beautiful quote. TFS Karen. It makes my day to be inspired by your beautiful creations. Love and Hugs...

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful beach inspired card design. Great colors too. And, that sentiment is one of my favorites.

Evelyn S. said...

I do love your Blue Beauties! Beautiful backgrounds, which are always an inspiration.

Bonnie said...

I love where your playtime takes you, my friend! Another lovely background and this stamp fits it perfectly!

Brawny x said...

Fab cardvx

Christine Alexander said...

awesome layered stamping, I love all those layers of blue, so pretty :)

Barb said...

A beautiful card and what a lovely sentiment. Barbxx

Mac Mable said...

Love how you had no plan and just played....I will never ever be sick of your wonderful acetate inking technique as all of your cards are so unique and so beautifully creative. Just keep them coming! What a beautiful sentiment on your wonderful and artsy card x

kiwimeskreations said...

Karen I so admire how you can create backgrounds that are so dimensional looking, when they really are simply exquisite use of inks. This is stunning
Blessings
Maxine

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

I could never be bored of your acetate inking, and
the blues and greens here look so beautiful.
Perfect stamping and sentiment to go with it too.
xxx

Jean Franks Beck said...

My goodness I love this background too. And the images are perfect. I think I may have that same star stamp - it might be and old Christine Adolph stamp from Stampington perhaps? Love it.

Loll said...

Beautiful mix Karen. Your play times are always so fun to see! Love this beachy card. xx