Saturday 17 March 2018

Fancy Flowers


Happy Saturday!
Had some fun creating this card using my Distress Oxide inks.
The technique is one where the ink applied is lifted with water.  That can be easily done with DOX's as they are a great water based ink.

Here's what I did to create my card.
I began by inking up my card front using some Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide inks.  Next, when the ink was dry, I rubbed the whole front with an anti-static pad.  This helps the embossing powder stick just where you want it to and not all over your inked background.
I then positioned my flowers inside my Misti, inked them with Versamark and white heat embossed them.  It is best to use an 'open' image for this technique.
I went into the flowers with a wet paintbrush and lifted the ink from the petals and leaves being sure to rinse my brush frequently to remove the ink from it.
I added colour to my flowers by painting them in with some purple Distress Oxide ink and a paintbrush.
The sentiment was also stamped with Versamark and white heat embossed.
Lastly, I splattered the whole piece with some water to lift the colour and white heat embossed the edges.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Crafty Creations- ANYTHING GOES
Creative Moments- ANYTHING GOES
Words 2 Live By- PHENOMENAL WOMAN

Supplies
Stamps- Winter Flowers (SSS); Garden of Life (Rubbernecker)
Inks- Versamark; DOX-Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; white EB powder; heat tool; anti-static pad; paintbrush

21 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a beautiful background, I love the image of the flowers and how you have "Shaded" them, plus the lovely sentiment completes this really delightful card.
Faith
x

BobbisTreasure said...

Aren't Oxide inks the best ever? Love how you lifted the ink on the flowers - great effect. Thanks for sharing with us at Words 2 Craft By!

Pat said...

I love the water bleaching and the adding of colour in that pretty purple Karen which complements the blue tones perfectly, and as usual you have chosen a super sentiment, and the dusting of white embossing round the edges draws the eye in beautifully. x

LaurieG said...

What a pretty card! I love the color combination. I have only just discovered the Oxide inks. And I'm having fun experimenting with them. I will have to try the water splatter technique, too. Thanks for sharing.

nancy littrell said...

TFS all the details on your color lifting technique, Karen. Your flowers turned out beautifully. All your white heat embossing added such beautiful detail for your blue background and flowers. TFS your beauty my friend. Hugs...

Barb said...

It's a really beautiful card Karen. I really like the flowers and leaves embossed with white. A lovely technique. Barbxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so very gorgeous with the colors of Oxides you used on your card. And, I love the white embossing too.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful use of these stamps, Karen! Love the darker flowers on that gorgeous background!

Christine Alexander said...

So pretty Karen, I love the lifting of the ink and then adding more colour to the petals :)

Susan said...

Lovely colours and great technique!

Mac Mable said...

Amazing card and love how you took out some of the colour and then popped in further colour, great technique x

Kim S said...

You are so creative and I love learning new techniques from you!! Another amazing card!

Loll said...

So beautiful Karen. Love this combination of colours. The purple flowers are gorgeous. xx

MelissaF said...

Beautiful card, love the blues with this technique!

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous card Karen, love the blue shades of the background and the flower image is wonderful, lovely sentiment too, Kate x

Mel Gee said...

So colourful.
Thank you for entering our Challenge at Creative Moments http://carabbiemomentsofcraft.blogspot.co.uk
Regards
Mel DT
https://melgeecrafts.com/

Bobby said...

Adding the purple really brings out the flowers, Karen, and I love the subtle white edging on the panel.

Maria Valente said...

Lovely creation! Thank you so much for playing along at Creative Moments Challenges.
Hugs, Mary (DT member)

Abela Artistry said...

Hi Karen,
Great use of inking techniques and helpful tips on how you put together a beautiful card. Good Luck!!
Thanks for entering it in our Creative Moments challenge blog!

Kristy Abela -
https://abelaartistry.blogspot.com.au
https://www.instagram.com/abela.artistry

Celeste Goff said...

Such a dreamy and ethereal card! Thank you for joining us at Words 2 Craft By!

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Karen, firstly apologies for not being around of late, but what a delight to see this card, I certainly have missed seeing your amazing work, but I will be back.xx💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]