Monday 19 March 2018

Coffee Time


Good Morning.
Meet today's card.
Just a simple card I created using a new to me stamp set by Altenew.  It is a fun set with lots of great images in it of coffee and tea cups and some splatters thrown in just for fun.

I have to begin by saying that I do enjoy my coffee and it makes me happy drinking it especially if I am with my girlfriend and we are out at our favourite coffee shop.

I began creating my card by inking up a piece of acetate with Distress Oxide inks, sprayed the sheet with water and pressed onto my paper.  I have found it best to dry each layer of colour before applying the next to prevent making a muddy mess.  These inks layer so wonderfully over one another and still maintain their colour after layering.

To see my mini-tutorial go here:

When the inking was all dry, I placed the images into my Misti, inked with Memento black and stamped.  


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
The Corrosive Challenge- ANYTHING GOES
Crafter's Castle- ANYTHING GOES/FAV TECHNIQUE
Crafty Friends- FOR A SPECIAL LADY
(best friend)
Creative Fingers- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Coffee With a Splash (Altenew)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Distress Oxides (Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint, Wilted Violet,
Seedless Preserves- TH)
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- sheet of acetate; Misti; Mister (TH)

22 comments:

Annie said...

I love your layered oxide inks technique. That just might have to be my challenge today to give those inks a try. Those really are some fun coffee stamps. I always love the coffee stains. You always make great color choices.

Pat said...

Your acetate inking technique always makes a wonderful background Karen, and the oxide inks do layer beautifully. The Altenew stamps are a great set good for male and female cards and various occasions, so a great set to own, and I love the colours you have used and the perfect sentiment from the set too. x

Mac Mable said...

Fun technique, love the colours and those coffee stamps are great. Gorgeous card x

nancy littrell said...

I love your acetate watercoloured background, Karen for your wonderful coffee cup, splatters and coffee stains. The perfect sentiment too for your special girlfriend. TFS Hugs...

Susan said...

Lovely blend of colours for your background! Very artsy card with that coffee cup stamp with its heavy black lines and then the black border!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So fantastic with those beautiful colors in the background. I love this look!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Sooooooo beautiful and love the coffee and sentiment.
Faith
x

Bonnie said...

A lovely background for your coffee cup, Karen! I like my coffee too: first thing in the morning!

Christine Alexander said...

fun card, love the colours you chose for your acetate inking, and love the simple coffee stain and cup for your images.

Dortesjs said...

Super ;O)) great Inking

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

You did a great job with the ink technique! I have been wanting to try that...you have inspired me to do so! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. We hope to see you next time too!
Blessings, Jeanie
DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com

dutchess said...

Love this KAREN....that background is fabulous and perfect to show that great stamp....xxx

Lisa :) said...

this turned out awesome I love the colors!!

Trina P. said...

Cool coffee card. I’m swooning over your beautiful acetate ink background.

Ellen said...

Gorgeous....love it!
You are an artist with ink!
Thanks for your nice comment on my blog.
Grtz Ellen

Loll said...

Love your layers of beautiful colour Karen. And that coffee image is so cool! xx

Brawny x said...

Great card x

aussie aNNie said...

WOWOW GORGEOUS.XX💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for entering your lovely card into our 'Special Lady challenge' at Crafty Friends.
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

The Red Mullet Band said...

Lovely card! So nice!!! I love it!!!
Thank you for play with us
Ana Isabel DT Coordinator at Corrosive Challenge blog

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Fun card; love the background you created and the coffee theme!
Thanks for entering the Crafter's Castle March Challenge! -Tasha

Carmen Aurora said...

Muy linda proyecto gracias por participar en Corrosive
Carmen Aurora DT