Thursday 16 August 2018

Full Bloom- CAS Watercolour Challenge

Hello and Welcome
Time for another card for the 

Our theme this month is Sunflowers.
Check out the wonderfully sunny gallery and our guest Izzy (Izzy Scrap).


To create my card, I placed this large flower stamp into my Misti and stamped it with black Memento ink.  Next, I cut it down around the edged and fussy cut out the flower petals at the bottom for more interest.
I then watercoloured it using some diluted Brushos and a paintbrush, blending the yellows to keep my flower sunny and bright.
When that was dry, I added lots of Glossy Accents to my flower head; just too bad you can't see that in the photo.
I stamped the sentiment using my Misti again, then added a few black gems for interest.
Using a fine line black marker, I traced around the whole outside to help define the outline of the flower then lastly, I simply mounted it onto a white card and done.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamp- Large Daisy (Sandi Miller)= Live Life (High Hopes)
Inks- Brushos (orange, lemon, yellow)= Distress inks-Rusty Hinge, Gathered Twigs (TH)
Paper- heavy white
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia)= Glossy Accents (Ranger)= paintbrush= black gems

22 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Karen

I Card Everyone said...

WHEN we get together again, may I borrow this gorgeousness?
Karen, this is EXTRA EXTRAORDINARYILY GORGEOUS!
=]

Mac Mable said...

Sunshine on a card and absolutely stunning x

Bonnie said...

This is the most amazing sunflower, Karen! I love, love, love the bright yellow, the frame and how some of the petals are coming out of the frame! This is so uplifting and fun!

Loll said...

LOVE this sunflower Karen!! It's so pretty and I love how you've cut out the petals at the bottom. Gives the card lots of movement. So creative how you've framed the image. I'm going to check out this sunflower and see if I can get one for myself! :) You are a good enabler, my friend! xx

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous Karen, the sunflower looks amazing cut down and framed. Stunning colours.

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - what a stunner Karen! Love the way you have cut the base petals out of the square...
Blessings
Maxine

Viv said...

Wow what a stunning card here Karen,it really brightened my morning seeing this.Just gorgeous mf ;) hugs Viv xx

papierelle said...

So beautiful and a very different kind of card.

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE this card Karen!! Your sunflower is absolutely GORGEOUS and I really like how you fussy cut just a few of the petals on the bottom edge! CAS perfection!! :0)

Pat said...

Gorgeous Karen and the black pen really makes it pop and I love the way a few petals hang over the edge. x

Susan said...

What a glorious sunflower! So happy with all those shades of yellow! Love the way the sentiment is stamped on top of the petals, and those black gemstones accenting it. Great idea to fussy cut the bottom petals!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is fabulous...great water colored sunflower.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the sunflower, so different and stunning AND happy.
Faith
x

Susanne Vargas said...

How sunny and cheerful! Love that you cut out some of the petals!

Amy McCue said...

Can you give us a link to this stamp? I have tried google and I can’t seem to find it.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Amazing! This card would brighten up anyone's day! Beautifully coloured and the sentiment is perfect for the image!

Joan said...

Beautiful card. Extending the few petals really changes the card and gives it an extra touch. I have also tried to search for this stamp using your supply list and many other searches. Wondering if you would post a link or give us more information. Thanks.

Izzy Scrap said...

Ohh! Absolutely stunning! I love this stamp so much ! So large and only a part of it, it makes such a sunny and happy card ! Your watercolouring is amazing and what a lovely design with the fussy cut petals! Brilliant! It’s been a real pleasure to be guest designing with you all this month! x

3kidmama said...

Karen, this card is just beautiful! Sadly, I cannot seem to find that lovely sunflower stamp anywhere? Do you remember if it is an old one? A different name/company perhaps???

BożenA said...

I love your vision of a sunflower. Perfect effect when the petals run out of the frame.

Aileen said...

Just had to come by and say how much I love this card. Not usually keen on sunflowers but how you have done this is so eye-catching. Love it mf