Tuesday 14 August 2018

Happy Wedding Day

We had the pleasure of attending a special friend's wedding on the weekend.  It was a joy and a blessing to see how happy they are together.

I wanted to make an elegant, yet simplified card and here is what I came up with.
I began with a piece of white cardstock.  I place my Mini Lace stencil from TCW over the paper and pressed on some Versamark ink over it being sure to get into all the corners and edges.
I sprinkled on some shiny silver embossing powder and heat embossed it.
Next, using my Misti, I stamped the 'Congratulations' sentiment across the bottom and I splattered some silver paint over the stenciled area as well.
 I die-cut the Olive Branch and the Berry Branch with more white cardstock and glued them onto the front.  I tied a piece of silver ribbon at the top to add to interest and more shine.




Instead of putting the card into an envelope, I created a small box to place it in.
I stamped it using a large floral image, then tied it up with more silver twine and a congrats die-cut.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING STAMPED GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Everyday Greetings (Mama Elephant)
Inks- Versamark
Paper- heavy white
Accessories and Tools- silver embossing powder= heat tool- Mini Lace Stencil (TCW)=
silver twine= Berry Branch die (PB)= Lg Olive Branch (Poppy Stamps)
Box-Sketchy Florals (Altenew)

16 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Karen, love the soft colour and the layers. Very elegant wedding card :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Karen

Marcia Hill said...

What a STUNNING wedding card Karen! So elegant with just the white and silver and absolutely LOVE the box idea to nestle your card into rather than an envelope! I'm sure this card will be treasured for years and years to come! :0)

Bunny said...

A wonderful card.. Love the layering. [Bunny]

Lin said...

What a treasure this is, Karen - love the way it turned out!

Susan said...

What a stunning wedding card! Love the white on white with the touch of silver!

Loll said...

WOW! Gorgeous wedding card and box Karen! This is a keepsake that they will treasure! xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What an exquisite card Karen- how inspiring to emboss the stencil
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

OK I am going to run out of words for this one....Stunning, elegant and so very classy. The most beautiful and special card and then to make the adorable box. This one is a keeper.....Perfection x

Bonnie said...

This is so elegant, Karen! I'm sure the happy couple will cherish this card and the box it was presented in! Wow!

Mimi said...

Oh my goodness... both card and box are gorgeous. Of course white is appropriate for a wedding any time of year, but initially (before I read your post or looked super close) I saw this as a winter scene-- well done! Simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing at SOS this week... always inspiring projects from you!

lauren bergold said...

oh WOW what an amazing card, and of course it needed a fancy little box instead of an envelope. and again i say WOW!!! ♥ thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (leafy!) STASH with us this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This will definitely be a card to be treasured and one in future years will still be enjoyed. A Stunning creation Linby.
Faith
x

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful wedding card, Karen! I love the silver lacy background and the diecut elements. Thanks so much for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It :)

A Shaw said...

The whole project is just gorgeous!