Saturday 8 December 2018

Snowy Branch


Happy Saturday.

Still creating a few more holiday cards.
This one is super simple and shows off the beautiful colours achieved using Brushos.
For those of you that are not familiar with using Brushos, they are highly pigmented small particles of colour that are activated by adding water.  

So, I began by stamping this branch with Versamark ink and white heat embossed it to create a resist.
I'm sorry I don't know who makes this stamp as the name has worn off my block.  I have had it for years and I still love the simplicity it adds to a design.
Next, I took some Brushos and sparely sprinkled some over the embossed branch, sprayed with water and watched the magic appear.  I helped the colour reach all areas with a wet paint brush.

When the piece was totally dry, I placed it inside my Misti and stamped the sentiment from Penny Black.  I kept it simply by mounting it over a plain white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Mon.- 'B' IS FOR?
(branch)
CAS on Friday- MAKE A CHRISTMAS CARD
The Male Room- CELEBRATE
Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Branch-??; Christmas Sentiment (PB)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Versamark
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); Brushos (leaf green); white eb powder; heat tool; paintbrush

26 comments:

June K said...

Beautiful card.

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning card Karen, I love the white branch and the wonderful colourful background, Kate x

Pat said...

This style of card you do so well Karen, and the pretty white embossed branch looks fabulous against the green Brushos. x

Christine Alexander said...

one of my favorite techniques and colours. Wonderful inspiration :)

Donna Ellis said...

It's gorgeous! I just made 2 backgrounds using the same technique a few days ago. They are like magic! Your stamp is SO GRACEFUL and beautiful! hugs, de

Anonymous said...

I love emboss resist, and it's gorgeous with the Brusho! I'd love to know which colours you used.

I Card Everyone said...

Now when were you and Virginia coming to my house again? LOve that branch... and you have such a way with those Brushos!

GAH this is just so sensational, Karen!
=]

Susan said...

Love the subtlety of this - such beautiful colours for the background for the white branch!

nancy littrell said...

Simply beautiful heat embossed branch and emboss resist technique on your Christmas card, Karen. TFS and Merry Christmas my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Aileen said...

another beautiful card using your brushos and that branch stamp is wonderful.

hugs Aileen

Miranda said...

Hi Karen, I don't comment often(due lack of time) but just wanted to let you know that I always enjoy your artwork! Keep up making the world more beautiful next year too! warmly, Miranda

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and I love the Brusho background. I am sorry I have not commented lately and found this post of yours in my spam. So perhaps I have not been seeing your blog writings. I will have to check there more often.

Nora Noll said...

Oh this is BREATHTAKING!! I love your Brusho background and that stamp you used-WOW!! LOVELY card!

Bonnie said...

I love all the colors that showed themselves in the Brusho background, Karen! The stamp is beautifully elegant in it's simplicity!

Mac Mable said...

So very beautiful and love the effect of those brusho's. What a fabulous and pretty branch stamp too x

Loll said...

Gorgeous! LOVE the colours Karen! xx

Linby said...

wow this is gorgeous. Love the effect you achieved.
Thanks for sharing with us at TMR.
Lynn x
DT

kiwimeskreations said...

Simple and every so elegant Karen. You inspire me to use my brushos more!
Blessings
Maxine

Gabi MeWi said...

Love this card and brushos...

Andreja said...

What a beautiful "celebration" card you made :-)) I like the colours!
Thank you for join us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing you the next time, too.

Linda said...

Gorgeous ...... great use of Breushos, love the colour. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge. Have a lovely Christmas xx

Majo said...

Awesome card, love the colour!. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge.

Have a lovely Christmas!

Majo - DT ♥

shirley-bee said...

This is so beautiful, Karen! You're making me want to get my Brushos out to play:)

Thanks so much for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It, and best wishes for a Happy Christmas!

Ruby said...

Stunning Karen. Merry Christmas to you.

Lady Joyful said...

This is such a fabulous card! I really love the colour and texture you achieved. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT (PS, Sorry it's taken so long for me to comment - life has been hectic these past months!)

Tee said...

This is simply Gorgeous!