Tuesday 18 December 2018

Silver Snowflake

Hello and Welcome

I wanted to make a simple, plaid card for my son and this is what I came up with.  
So simple using this great stamp from Concord and 9th and my Misti.

I began with a piece of red cardstock and placed it inside my Misti.  After placing the plaid stamp in the right position, I inked it up with some Tuxedo Black Memento ink and stamped.  By using my Misti, it was easy to repeat that process to get a deep, dark impression.
When the ink was all dry, I stamped the sentiment using my Misti again with some Versamark ink and silver heat embossed it along the bottom.  
Next, I die cut the snowflake from Tim Holtz with some heavy white cardstock, rubbed it with more Versamark and silver heat embossed the whole thing.  I set that aside to cool.
To continue with the silver theme, I inked the edges of a piece of white cardstock with more Versamark and silver embossed all the edges.  I glued the plaid over that then added the snowflake with a red Nuvo drop in the center.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
During this busy season, I really do appreciate it!

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- CHRISTMAS
A Bit More Time to Craft- ANYTHING GOES
Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING STAMPED GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Christmas Sentiments (PB); Plaid (Concord and 9th)
Ink- Tuxedo Black Memento; Versamark
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook); red cs
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); silver eb powder; heat tool; 
Flurry 1 Snowflake Die (TH); Red Nuvo Drop

6 comments:

Pat said...

That plaid stamp is fabulous Karen, and I really thought it was a piece of dp. I love the colours and the snowflake is such a good size to go over the top. x

Bonnie said...

An awesome plaid background for this wonderful, big, silver snowflake, Karen!

Christine Alexander said...

love that tartan background, the snowflake really pops against it :)

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card Karen, gorgeous tartan background and a beautiful snowflake, Kate x

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Karen - the plaid is really dramatic, and the snow flake so large that it is not overpowered by the plaid.
Blessings
Maxine

Bobby said...

Love the buffalo plaid, Karen. This is the perfect combination of masculine and glitz.