Friday 13 December 2019

Christmas Cheer


Good Morning
Meet today's card.  A pretty simple one using Alcohol inks on Yupo paper.
Using some simple designs to create cards at this time of year is good.

So here's what I did to create my card.
I wanted my card to feel very traditional so I grabbed a piece of Yupo paper and dropped red and green Ranger Alcohol inks onto it, blending it with alcohol. When I was happy with the blends, I set it aside to dry.  
Next, I die cut the cover plate on a piece of heavy white cardstock.  I have no idea who makes this one as I bought it at a Garage Sale.  I glued that over my inked bkg.
I placed this stamp from Penny Black from the Festive Cheer set, inked it up with some Versamark and gold heat embossed it.  I love the large sentiment for the center of a card. I fussy cut it out and glued it onto a piece of gold cardstock.
I pop dot mounted that over the bkg.
I added it onto a heavy white cardbase.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenge:
Craft Stamper Magazine- TAKE IT/MAKE IT
Aud Sentiments- CHRISTMAS/WINTER SENTIMENT
Crafting by Design- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Festive Cheer (PB)
Ink- Versamark; Alcohol inks in red and green
Paper- Yupo; gold cs; red cs; heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Cuttlebug; Misti (My Sweet Petunia); cover plate (?); pop dots; alcohol


11 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Great card, Karen!

Lori m said...

Oh my gosh it's beautiful, very pretty background to make your traditional card/sentiment stand out, hugs, Lori m

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That background is a great back drop for your pretty sentiment!

SherylH said...

Very pretty -- great idea for using a colourful background.

cuilliesocks said...

What a beautiful design Karen, lovely bright colours and the die mat is wonderful, lovely sentiment focal point, Kate x x

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful background for your lovely sentiment!

Pat said...

This is a wonderful design Karen and love the rich alcohol ink background with the contrasting pretty cover plate and then the great look of the sentiment as a focal image over the top. A super card. x

Elaine Stark said...

A super card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful with all the wonderful color behind that cover die.

I Card Everyone said...

three words: Fab U Lous!!!
=]

Loll said...

That background is gorgeous, Karen! Not always easy to combine red and green, but this looks spectacular, especially with the gorgeous white die-cut over top. The die is so elegant and beautiful. xx