Wednesday 11 December 2019

Gold Deer


Hello and Welcome
This card began as I looked at this Alcohol inked piece left over in my stash.  I love creating the backgrounds but it takes me some thought to figure out what to create with them when they are done.

After I cut this deer out in some gold paper, I liked how it looked against the inky bkg and my card was born.

So, let me explain how I created the background first.  
Using a piece of Yupo, I drizzled on some Ranger Alcohol inks and added a few drops of Blending Solution to help the colours move.  I placed a piece of plastic wrap over that and let it dry.  When I removed the plastic wrap, I was left with this lovely, rich looking bkg.  I mounted that onto a piece of gold cardstock and set aside.
Using some more of the gold cs, I embossed a strip in my Cuttlebug using this Plaid Embossing folder to use behind the image. 
Time to put the card together.  I glued the gold embossed strip onto some brown cardstock.
I glued the gold deer onto the Alcohol inked bkg and pop dot mounted that over the gold strip.
It looks quite elegant irl.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING GOES
A Bit More Time to Craft- ANYTHING GOES
Just Us Girls- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- Ranger Alcohol inks
Paper= Yupo; brown cs, gold cs
Accessories and Tools- Plaid EB folder (Echo Park); Deer Die (Recollections); plastic wrap;
Ranger Blending Solution; Cuttlebug; pop dots

5 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

A really beautiful card Karen, what a fantastic design, all that colour around the golden deer is amazing, Kate x x

Pat said...

What a gorgeous look with the AI background given the clingfilm treatment Karen, and then the wonderful combination of the gold deer and the gold dry embossed background. x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a COOL background! Great mix with the gold.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love that deer head and all the fantastic colors.

Loll said...

Love the colours of this very artsy alcohol ink background. The design is awesome and works perfectly with your golden buck and framing! xx