Thursday 19 December 2019

Christmas on Kraft


Hello and Welcome
I am seeing some cards done on kraft, something I seldom use, but love the look.  
So that's how today's card was born.

I dug through my paper cardstock to find a piece that would work, then laid on my stencil called Angular Mandala from A Colorful Life Designs.  I pressed through the stencil with my Versamark ink, then white heat embossed it. To help add interest, I took my piercing tool and went along the edge of the stenciled mandala piercing little holes.
Next, I die-cut the Merry Christmas sentiment from some heavy white cardstock.  It looked lost against the white bkg when I added it, so I took a piece of vellum, traced around the die and fussy cut it out.  I glued the die cut over the vellum and I really liked how it looked and you could see the sentiment so much better.  I also die-cut the snowflake and glued it to the side with a white pearl button.
I simple mounted my card front onto a piece of heavy white cardstock then onto a white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

*For those of you that have messaged me about notifications, not sure what is going on but glad
to hear you are now receiving them once again!  Thanks so much for letting me know.*

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- ANY WINTER HOLIDAY
Crafty Creations- ANYTHING GOES
Mod Squad- WINTER/CHRISTMAS

Supplies
Stamps-None
Inks- Versamark
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook); kraft (Michaels); vellum
Accessories and Tools- Angular Mandala stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); 
white eb powder (Hero Arts); Merry Christmas die (Creative Expressions);
 Kinley Snowflake (SSS); pearl dot; heat tool; piercing tool

8 comments:

Pat said...

Another pretty mandala and the white embossed look is beautiful on the kraft card Karen and some lovely touches with the piercing and the vellum outline to the sentiment. x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Karen, it's a beautiful stencil and it's fabulous embossed in white on kraft card, love it all, Kate x x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Karen - love the white on kraft, and you sentiment treatment is striking
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

What a treat for me Karen....I am playing catch up, after being away and spent awhile admiring your stunning creations. I Love them all of course but the 12th December post is an eye catching card....for me x.
Great use of the kraft card for today's' card and I love the attention to detail with the piercing holes and what a wonderful mandala stencil x.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! I love your stencilling, a beautiful impact for this card.
Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas
Faith x

JanR said...

Fab card, Karen! I love the tip about outlining the sentiment with vellum - clever! Merry Christmas to you and yours. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

I Card Everyone said...

It wouldn't be Christmas-card-season without at least ONE white on kraft card, Karen... it's a favorite of mine, for sure!
Just love the piercing you've done - so clever! Such a wonderful card!
=]

Gery said...

Love this one, Karen ❤️.
Happy holidays.