Thursday 12 December 2019

In the Shadows

Good Morning
I wanted to challenge myself to create a very non-traditional card and this is what I came up with.
Also the challenge this morning over at Splitcoast Stampers was called 'In the Shadows' so I gave it a go.

I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock, placed it into my Misti and stamped the Script bkg.  
I just love the look of the mixed fonts and scripts.
Next, I placed the piece into my Cuttlebug and die-cut the deer.  I cut it again 3 more time with some extra white cardstock and stacked and glued them all together.  Before I placed the deer back into my card front, I rubbed some black along the edges to help define the image.  I stamped the sentiment from PB at the bottom in red then glued the card front onto a piece of red cardstock then glued the dear head back into place.  
I added it onto a heavy white card base then added a drop of red Nuvo to his nose like Rudolph would have lol.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Cardz 4 Guyz- CHRISTMAS CRITTERS
STAMPlorations- NEVER ENDING CHALLENGE

Supplies
Stamps- Script (Prima); Christmas Sentiments (PB)
Inks- Versafine Clair Noir; Lawn Fawn red
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook); red cs (Michaels)
Accessories and Tools- Deer die (STAMPlorations); Cuttlebug; Red Nuvo; inking tool


10 comments:

Lori m said...

I like it very different and so pretty, hugs, Lori m

Unknown said...

Nice card. Where did you get the deer die?

Pat said...

This looks great Karen and I the red nose, and the shadow look with the edge of the die emphasised works for the theme perfectly, and love the background too. x

Glennis F said...

So different for you Karen - where is the blue!!! lol!

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous, so very different Karen, marvellous design, I love the difference scripts on your background and the deer is just perfect, Kate x x

Julia Aston said...

Love the deer cut out of the background paper - such a great look!

Dawn Phillips said...

That's so very original and creative. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

Michelle B. said...

Well Karen, you have succeeded in your challenge! Your non-traditional card is fantastic and so creative, I love it! So glad you joined us at CASS!

Julie B said...

Well I think you've certainly succeeded with this design Karen, it is stunning.
Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cool design and I love that you made it a Rudolph too. That pop of red looks awesome against that background.