Tuesday 31 March 2020

Blessings

Good Morning
Playing with my stamps from Penny Black.
This card was sent out to some very special friends as we isolate during this difficult time.

So here's how I created my card.
I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock and placed it into my Misti.  I used my Tombow markers and coloured directly onto The Unfolding flower using shades of pinks and a hint of red.
I sprayed with some water and pressed onto my paper.  The markers are waterbased and the colours blended together beautifully.
I continued to colour directly onto the stamp, finishing the flower then let the piece dry.  
I placed my rectangle acrylic mask over the flower and rubbed on a hint of Shabby Shutters Distress ink to create a framed area.  
Next, I removed the mask and stamped the sentiment from the  Friendship set in the bottom corner using some Versafine ink.  I did heat emboss it just to be sure it wouldn't smear.
I mounted it onto some pink cardstock, then onto a heavy white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Here are the masks I used:

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Southern Girls- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- The Unfolding (Penny Black); Friendship (PB)
Inks- Versafine; Shabby Shutters DI; Tombow markers
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); acrylic mask (A Colorful Life Designs);
Mister (TH); dome sponger 

16 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Gorgeous and the best thing to send to a friend right now, I think. Love your ink blending. I use Tombows for my PB stamps, too. Love the addition of the edged rectanle - I think I have one of those in my craft room somewhere, and if not, can always make one... Great idea.
Thank you for your lovely inspiration.
Cath x

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and you used one of my favorite PB stamps. I have not used that floral image in ages and I should get it out again. Thanks for the inspiration. Love the sentiment too.

Susan said...

I love this. Beautiful colouring of the flowers and wonderful masked shading around it. Love the sentiment too.

marilyn said...

This is really lovely and I love the framed look! Did you create your own rectangle mask? Couldn't find it on the company's website you mentioned...

nancy littrell said...

Love your watercolored flowers, Karen. Your added masking to get the soft rectangular background shading gave such beautiful depth to your flowers. Wonderful colors and the perfect sentiment for these difficult times. TFS my friend. I have been so inspired by your daily posts. I have created 2 cards in the last couple of days, 4 smooshed backgrounds with leftover Brushos and 3 acrylic circles with your technique. Now we need some sunshine so I can get a few photos. I just have not been inspired to create, but you have really helped me want me to create cards for friends:-) Thank you, my dear friend. You are always so thoughtful and willing to share your positive beautiful art. Stay safe and please keep creating:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

Carolyn L said...

https://acolorfullifedesigns.com/marvelous-masks-rectangles/

Address for acrylic rectangular masks.

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Karen, a beautiful floral image and colours with a lovely sentiment, Kate x

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous flower, my friend! Love the ink blending and how the flower and sentiment flow off the design!

marilyn said...

Carolyn...thank you for the link!

Christine Alexander said...

stunning Karen, love the subtly of the frame behind the flower.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So elegant and fabulous! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at Southern Girls. I'm so glad you did! Come and play along again soon. Hugs, Wends xoxo SGC DT

Lori m said...

Gorgeous card, your friend will be so happy getting this, hugs, Lori m

Vicki said...

Beautiful and elegant card! I love this coloring technique with markers. Really looks like water coloring. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Crafters, "Spring" Challenge.

Darlene said...

Great job! This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Mac Mable said...

The most beautiful water coloured card, which looks so pretty. Great colour combination too x.....Loving this one x.

Loll said...

LOVE that flower, Karen. It's GORGEOUS! Perfect design with your soft green rectangle background! xx