Saturday 13 June 2020

Big Hugs


Happy Saturday
It's weird that throughout this Pandemic, I have to really think about what day it is!  lol
Are you finding that you are having the same problem?  So much of our life has been tipped upside down.

Well meet today's card. 
Happy to see that all the flowers are growing in my garden which inspired my card.

So here are the details.
I had my small Gel Plate out and wanted to use it to create the background...so simple to do.
First, I added a deckle edge mask to my card as I wanted a plain white border frame, then using a brayer, I rolled some Cracked Pistachio Distress ink onto the plate.  I splattered some diluted Distress ink along the bottom of the plate plate as well and then pulled the print.  
Next, I positioned the Magnolia Rhapsody into my Misti and I coloured the flowers and stems with my Tombow markers, sprayed with water and stamped.  I repeated that process until I was happy with the concentration of colour.  
I removed the mask and set it aside to dry.  
Finally, I placed the panel back into my Misti and stamped the sentiment from the PB Beautiful Heart set and added some white splatters with a Posca pen.
I mounted the panel onto a piece of light green cardstock, then onto a heavy white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Just Us Girls- FRAME IT
Simple Create Too- ALL SUMMER LONG
Southern Girls- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Beautiful Heart (PB); Magnolia Rhapsody (PB)
Inks- Distress Inks (TH); Versafine Clair; Tombow markers
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Deckled Edge Acrylic Mask (A Colorful Life Designs); Gel Plate; brayer; 
Mister (TH); Misti (My Sweet Petunia); white Posca pen

16 comments:

marilyn said...

Such a happy springtime card and just lovely! Colors are especially pleasing...

Pat said...

This is gorgeous Karen and love the Cracked Pistachio in the background and the Tombow markers have worked well for colouring the stamp, and love the sentiment too. I have a very similar stamp called Summer Dream and I began to wonder if I had got the name wrong when I used mine, but no, there appear to be two very similar stamps and it's quite difficult to tell them apart. x

cuilliesocks said...

So beautiful Karen, gorgeous colours and a wonderful floral image.
I too never seem to know what day it is either, each day merges into the next, have a lovely weekend, Kate x

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous card Karen, such a beautiful gelli print background perfect for your flowers :)

Susan said...

What a wonderful colour combination! Love that Cracked Pistachio background. Also beautiful colouring of the flowers.

Loll said...

Beautiful card Karen! I have not seen these flower in this colour combination ... it's gorggeous. And even more so with your lovely background. xx

Claire (Mrs H) said...

So beutiful I love the colours

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous colours Karen, and a beautiful card too. Love your magnolias, the colours look so wonderfully rich with the repeat stamping
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I wish I was closer to get lessons from you. I LOVE this card, with a gorgeous colour combo and design.
Take care
Faith x

Craftychris said...

Ooh this is soooooo beautiful! Love the colours and the lovely sentiment. I never know what day it is either with or without the pandemic! Stay safe xxx

Lyne Blodgett said...

So cool - I'm to chicken to try a gel plate. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.

Audrey said...

I love the color combo and the floral design. Thanks for joining us at Simply create too

Cécile Ribon said...

What a delightful floral image! You did an amazing ink job, the colors look fantastic. Thanks so much for joining uas at Just Us Girls

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful effect with the stamping of the flowers Karen and such a pretty background with the gel plate. I so must get mine out and actually use it! x. A really beautiful card with great colours x.

Mac Mable said...

Meant to say.....I have absolutely no idea what day it is and lets hope, for me, that this is not the new 'Norm'...LOL x.

Jules said...

Hi Karen

Love this make very much.

Such gorgeous colours.

I never know what day it is .. .. I have to work it out as I wake up .. .. and sometimes even then get it wrong!

We have one of those calendars at the top of our stairs where you have to rotate the bricks .. .. sadly it doesn't include a brick to show what day of the week it is! LOL!!!

Hope you had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx