Thursday 4 June 2020

Happy Anniversary in Navy and Blue- The Flower Challenge





Good Morning.
A new month means a new theme at
The Flower Challenge


Our theme this month is 





Our Guest Designer this month is Jenny Hall from jennyhalldesign.com. Do check out her blog if you have a minute as she makes such fabulous cards.
So onto my card details.
I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock.  The stencil I am using is a 2-part so that you can add one colour and then layer another over that.
I laid down the first stencil and rubbed on some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink over the whole thing using a blending tool.  I lifted that up and positioned the 2nd stencil over that, matching them all up.
Using some Faded Jeans DI, I again rubbed over the whole stencil.
So easy to create a simple card using these stencil.
I splattered the whole thing using my Posca white pen to add interest.
I rubbed some more Faded Jeans ink onto a strip of white card, then I stamped the sentiment with some Versamark ink and white heat embossed it.  Using some foam squares, I popped it over the stenciled flowers.
I mounted it all onto a heavy white card base.



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
I hope you will come and play along with us.

Supplies
Stamps- Tag Banner Sentiments (YNS)
Inks- Versamark; Distress Ink (TH)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Dahlia stencils Part A and B (Altenew); inking tool;
Posca pen; heat tool; white eb powder

14 comments:

Pat said...

This is such a pretty stencilled image Karen and love the detail and the pretty blue looks great, also love the spattering. x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Karen, the colours are so pretty and I love the splatters, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

Wow what stunning stencilling and an eye catching card Karen x.

Claire (Mrs H) said...

I love the colours and the stencil really makes a bruilsnt card

marilyn said...

Always love your artwork! And this time even more because I actually have that dahlia stencil...yay!! Thanks for sharing your art and instructions...so very helpful!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Karen, the layered stencilling looks amazing :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the way you used the layered stencil on this stunning card Karen
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous layering of the blues and a fabulous card Karen.
Take care
Faith x

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulously designed and what a lovely colour.xx

TaeEun said...

The layered floral image looks beautiful in the blue tones! Love the white splatters!

Ericka Strange said...

Beautiful card and such gorgeous layering. I love the classic look of navy and white. Awesome job.

Viv said...

Fabulous card as always Karen!sorry for the lack of commenting recently too, hugs Viv xx

Bobby said...

Beautifully stenciled card, Karen. I love the splatters.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! Love this beautifully stenciled flowers, I really need to look at some flower stencils, this one is a beauty.
Love it.