Tuesday 2 June 2020

Celebrate Summer



Good Morning.
Hope you are keeping safe and are well as this lock down drags on.
I'm so glad we can finally celebrate the warmer weather, blues skies and the garden coming to life.
That's what inspired my card.

So here are the details.
I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock.  Using my blending tool, I rubbed DOX inks over the panel until it was completely covered.  I used some Peacock Feather, Broken China and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxides.  I let the panel dry a bit as the colours blended.
Next, using the Leaf Print stamp set from Tim Holtz, I inked up the ferns and leaves with some Faded Jeans DOX ink and stamped, then stamped again without reinking.  That is called 1st and 2nd generation stamping.  I love that it gives a shadow effect and adds a lot of depth to your images.
As that dried, I die-cut the Celebrate sentiment 3 times, glued them together for stability and then glued that over my card panel.  I added it to a white card base.



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
All your most encouraging and kind comments are so truly appreciated.


Supplies
Stamps- Leaf Prints (TH)
Inks- DOX (TH)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Celebrate die (MFT); inking tool (TH); Cuttlebug

9 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a glorious effect and the generational stamping looks fabulous Karen...Another stunner my friend x.

Susan said...

Love the subtle leaves and ferns and all the gorgeous blue!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! such a beautiful card.
Take care
Faith x

Pat said...

I adore that mix of blues Karen and the fern and leaf stamped all over it look great, also the white layered sentiment really stands out too. x

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful background stamping Karen and I love that deep blue :)

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous 'deep' monochrome background Karen. A stunning card
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous card Karen, beautifully created background and a fab design, Kate x

Nora Noll said...

Wow!! This is just GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE your coloring!!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Karen. I love the look of your 1st and 2nd generation stamping. I need to do that more!! xx