Sunday 28 June 2020

Let's Celebrate- Stamping with Rubber Bands



Hello and Welcome
I have the pleasure of hosting the TLC (Technique Lover Challenge) over at Splitcoast Stampers today.  
I wanted to present a challenge I haven't done in years that would use something accessible to everyone.  So that's what my challenge is.....

It's easy and fun to create simple backgrounds using them.
  I used a rainbow of colours that reminded me of streamers in a parade.  I thought it was perfect as Canada Day and the Fourth of July are right around the corner.

So here is how I created my card.
I began by wrapping 2 rubber bands around my acrylic stamping block, spreading them out and overlapping them.  My block was small so that's why I only used 2 bands.  For larger blocks, you could add more.  
*For an even different look, try wrapping your brayer in bands*
Next, I used my Distress inks and pressed them directly onto the bands, inking them up.
I began with some Mustard Seed, then went on to use some Ripe Persimmon, Candied Apple, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Mowed Lawn and finally Chipped Sapphire.
I wiped the bands off between each stamping so the colours would stay crisp and not get muddy.
When I was happy with the stamping, I used some of the same inks diluted with a bit of water and splattered some over the stamping.
I die- cut the frame using a stitched rectangle die and pop dotted it over the background.
I die-cut the sentiment 3 times and glued it together for stability and glued that over the framed area.
I added 3 small red pearl dots to finish it off.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.-ANYTHING GOES
The Male Room- DIE CUT
Dragonfly Dreams - MAKE IT MASCULINE
Stamping Sensation- MAKE IT COLORFUL


Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- Distress (TH) colours listed above
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- rubber bands; acrylic block; Stitched Rectangle die (Memory Box);
pop dots; red pearl dots; paintbrush; Celebrate die (MFT)

12 comments:

Loll said...

Love all the festive colours of your rubber band background Karen. Perfect with thw white framing and large white, die-cut sentiment. xx

Pat said...

Your work with a huge variety of techniques is always immaculate Karen and your wonderful layers of colours using the rubber bands have worked beautifully and love the way you have framed it too. Brilliant! x

Mac Mable said...

Very artsy card with a fun technique and I like the white die cut sentiment against that wonderful background x.

cuilliesocks said...

What a fabulous background and wonderful card Karen, Kate x

I Card Everyone said...

The craziest thing just happened, Karen... 16 yes SIXTEEN of your most recent posts just landed in my inbox!!! I'd been wondering about you, and glad to catch a few of your gorgeous cards on Instagram!
I cannot even begin to understand how Blogger is working lately - but let's just blame them, shall we??
I'll have a fun time scrolling, and ohhhing and ahhhhing I'm sure. Let me start by letting you know that I just think this rubberband technique is SO fun - and I love your resulting card!
Hope you are enjoying life, and staying safe, and healthy! xx
=]

Bobby said...

I did the rubber band on brayer but I think I like yours more, Karen. All the bright colors really do say "Celebrate!"

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AH! Yes, a celebration card, love the colours and technique.
Take care
Faith x

Christine Alexander said...

yes that card screams celebration :) love it

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous result from a simple technique Karen .
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Sari / Granne said...

Fabulous CAS design with full of colors, striking outcome! Thank you for joining us in our Use Die Cuts -challenge at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge that starts tomorrow.

Lady Joyful said...

This is fabulous! What a fun technique, and beautifully executed. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Wickcliss said...

What a fabulous card and great technique. Love the rainbow colours you have used. Thank you for playingat The Male Room,Clarissa DT.