Friday 19 June 2020

Crackle Florals







Good Morning
Meet today's card.
I am so thrilled with the results I achieved using Tim Holtz Crackle Paste and his new Embossing Glaze.
It gave my card such a wonderful vintage look.

So here's what I did to create my card.
I began with a piece of white cardstock that was brayered with some blue and green acrylic paint from the Dollar Store. Whenever I am using my Gel Plate, I keep extra paper on hand to roll off onto so I can have it for future use as a background or to die-cut. 
I place the Floral Layering Stencil over my painted background and applied a layer of Tim Holtz Crackle Paste over that being sure to smooth it all out for an even coat using my Stencil Pal.   I sprinkled some Broken China and some Cracked Pistachio Embossing Glaze over the paste and set aside to dry completely.  
* Last Saturday Tim did a video showing how to use these Embossing Glazes...check his website or FB*
When it was all dry, I heat embossed it to reveal all the powder embedded in the cracks.  
Next, using the Faded Text Stamp, I randomly stamped down the side of my card to add interest.
I added some tiny pearl dots and splattered with white using my Posca pen.
I stamped the sentiment and pop dotted it to one side.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- Faded Text (TH); Tag Banner Sentiment (YNS)
Inks- Archival; Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- brayer, Embossing Glaze (TH); Crackle Paste (TH); pearl dots; Posca pen;
Acrylic Paint (Dollar Tree); heat tool; Floral Layering Stencil (TH); Deco Foil Stencil Pal


13 comments:

Craftychris said...

What a gorgeous and interesting effect your background has, love it! xxx

Kia's Place said...

This is soooo pretty Karen. I have the Crackle Paste and have never used it. Maybe its time.

Mac Mable said...

All mixed media and glorious Karen. Great effect with the crackle and glaze and a wonderful design and colours x.

Pat said...

You are so good at doing these sort of techniques Karen and love the colours and the pretty effect...gorgeous! x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such an interesting technique beautifully done Karen, a Super card.
Take care
Faith x

Glennis F said...

That looks so amazing! What a great effect

Loll said...

LOVE all the gorgeous texture of your card Karen. And the colours are really beautiful. I started watching Tim's video but haven't finished it yet. The embossing glazes are on my wish list! :) xx

kiwimeskreations said...

That glaze looks amazing - and an absolutely stunning card Karen
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card Karen, a brilliant technique, such a lovely colour, Kate x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely card.

Claire said...

Wow that background is just amazing

Christine Alexander said...

wow Karen the crackle looks amazing. I must keep my brayer cleaning scraps :)

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful, love the crackle and the lovely blue... x