Friday 4 June 2021

Birthday Fun



Welcome
I have a lot of birthdays coming up this month, so I pulled out my stencils and got to playing.
I don't know if you have ever stenciled and then cut out the images of your stenciled piece. Well that's what I did today with the flowers.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began with a piece of white cardstock and laid the Stained Glass stencil from A Colorful Life Designs over my paper.  Using my blending brushes from Taylored Expressions, I rubbed on some Picked Raspberry randomly over my stencil, leaving some areas un-inked.  Then, using some Carved Pumpkin, I went over the stencil again filling in the empty areas and blending with the pink.
  • When the whole panel was inked, I left the stencil in place and splattered it with water to lift some of the ink and add interest to the background.
  • While the panel dried, I did some more stenciling on another piece of white cardstock using the same colours with the Flower stencil from the Fresh Collection by Vicki Boutin.  I fussy cut out the flowers from the stenciled background.
  • Using a strip of white cardstock, I stamped the Happy Birthday, then glued that over my main stenciled panel. 
  • I pop dotted the flowers to the side and then glued it all onto a heavy white card base.



This is the stencil I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps-  Everyday Circle Tags (Avery Elle)
Inks- DOX (mentioned above), Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ontario)
Accessories and Tools- Stained Glass (ACLD); Fresh (VB), TE Blending Brushes

12 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

awesome colour combo ♥

I Card Everyone said...

Give me shades of pink and orange, and I'm a happy card maker, Karen!! You've made me very happy today - SO gorgeous!!
=]

cuilliesocks said...

This is gorgeous Karen, I love the bright sunny colours and the terrific design, Kate x

nancy littrell said...

I loved how you blended your colors thru your stencil for the background and added the pretty die cut flowers using the same colors. Beautiful colors for a Summer birthday, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful colourful card Karen - love your stenciling, and the blending through the stencil is very effective
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Sarn said...

I simply ADORE this bright and beautiful card. x

Bonnie said...

Great stenciling and another way to stretch those stenciled designs, Karen! Love these bright colors!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another SUPER design with a fabulous happy colour mix and no! I have never cut the images from my stencils, but I may do now! Love your card Karen.
Faith x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful colors and wonderful stencil design. I like the addition of the flowers.

Mac Mable said...

So vibrant and what a fabulous stencil. Great blending of the wonderful colours and one really happy card Karen x.

Loll said...

Fun and happy birthday card Karen! LOVE these colours ... my favs! Great idea to fussy-cut stenciled images. I don't think I've done that before. Great way to stretch the use of stencils! xx

Pat said...

I love the vibrancy of the stencilled flowers against the stained glass stencilled background Karen and such a great idea to cut the flowers out and add them on to the sentiment strip for wonderful dimension. x