Thursday 17 June 2021

In the Moment


Welcome
Just popping in with a card I made using two great stencils from A Colorful Life Designs.

Before I get into the steps of making my card, I want to thank-you so much for your continued support and wonderful, uplifting comments.
I have been struggling to get it all done....visiting your blogs and trying to figure out what I will do about my Followers when Feedburner goes away in July. 
I am so busy with my little ones (5 little daycare kiddos), working long hours and not finding much time to be on the computer.  I will be coming to visit you all as soon as I can.  
If anyone has ANY helpful tips about what to do with Followers on Blogger, please let me know.  I really don't want to have to pay for a service.  I am feeling very overwhelming by it all as I am totally not computer savvy!! 

Well enough said.
Here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by cutting a white cardstock panel.  I placed the Cloud Edger Stencil from ACLD over my panel and inked it up with some Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and a hint of Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide inks.  I used a light touch as I wanted the clouds to look fluffy and not heavy.  I inked the stencil along one edge and kept moving it down until the card panel was all inked up.
  • I removed the Cloud Edger and positioned the Landscape Rays over the panel and inked with more of the same inks that I had used for the clouds.

  • I removed the stencil and placed the panel into my Misti.  I inked up the trees from Frog's Whiskers with some Versafine Clair ink and stamped it over the background.  
  • Next, I stamped the sentiment from Daisy Bucket and added 3 black gems.
  • I glued it onto a heavy white card base.


Here are the stencils I used to create my card:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(affiliate)

Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.


Supplies
Stamps- Wind in the Pine (Frog's Whiskers); Enjoy the Moment (Daisy Bucket)
Inks- Distress Oxides (see above); Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Stencils (ACLD); TE Blending Brushes; Misti (My Sweet Petunia);
black gems

15 comments:

Loll said...

This is so pretty, Karen. Your clouds do look so light and fluffy and I love how the rays shine through. The silhouette trees and black sentiment are a wonderful contrast to your light coloured stenciling. Great work, my friend! xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your background is amazing Karen, a beautiful result, I love the trees also.
Faith x

I Card Everyone said...

Some of our magical moments are spent watching the clouds, Karen! You've captured a few of them with those sunny rays shining through!
Recently we discover 'rainbow clouds' after a little rain - where only the edges of the clouds have rainbow colors!!
=]

dinosaur said...

I love this! But, I love all of your work! Is it possible for us to subscribe to your blog through email? That wouldn't cost anything, that I know of.

Sarn said...

Lovely card. Can’t help with blogger advice at the mo but am sure someone will figure it out and put something online eventually. X

Aimeslee Winans said...

Pretty card! Karen, many of us have been trying follow.it for the last month and all I hear is good stuff. That includes me. Check it out! It's free.
https://follow.it/ni
Now that I've made my decision, I'm going to add their button to my blog side bar and then add my email followers - that sends them an email inviting them to follow me, so they can choose if they want to or not. I plan on doing it first of next week. It's really the best option across all the platforms (Blogger, Wordpress, etc.). That's my two cents anyway. xoxo

Pat said...

Beautiful trees Karen and the rays of light up and through the pretty background clouds looks so pretty.. love the colours too. I have been looking but can't decide what to do myself. I see Aimeslee suggests Follow.it which I did look at but it all seems a bit complicated so am not sure. I am not terribly good with computer things and it takes me a while to assimilate..lol. x

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous Karen, I love those rays of light streaming through the clouds :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Karen.. love you background, and the silhouettes are outstanding and really bring the whole card to life.
Turns out I never enabled feedburner when I set up my blog (duh), so I have no issues now, and can't help.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Susan said...

Beautiful card, Karen - love the layering of the stencils and those gorgeous windswept trees. As for the Feedburner email notifications issue, several blogs I follow have switched to follow.it - including Christine (It's a Card Day's Night blog) - she told me it was pretty easy to switch over. Loll worked out a way of setting up her own email notifications but it sounds more complicated - I'm sure if you contact her, she'd be happy to send you info on what she did. I'm leaning towards follow.it myself.

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed card Karen, lovely background and I love the trees, wonderful colours too, Kate x

marilyn said...

I thoroughly enjoy your artwork and you even have a subfolder on my Pinterest Board! I subscribe/follow you through Bloglovin.com. So I get a daily "digest" of blogs I follow when something new has been posted. I love it...works very well!

Mac Mable said...

Wow I am loving your fluffy and creative background Karen and what a fabulous card x....Great use of the stencils x. 'Follow it' seems to be popular when I am visiting blogs Karen.....Yes there are not enough hours in the day x. Sending hugs x.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and I love the way you did the background.

Bonnie said...

The layered stencils are awesome, Karen! Love the way the sun's rays are showing through the clouds! Awesome, my friend!