Sunday 13 June 2021

Swinging By

 


Welcome
Meet today's card.
I have a few little people in my life that have birthdays coming up so here is one of the cards I made.
I thought it turned out pretty fun!

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of heavy white cardstock for my base.  I pulled out the Hanging Vines Stencil from A Colorful Life Designs and placed it over my cardstock.  Using some Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink, I inked up the stencil on the top of the panel, then moved it to the bottom and did some more inking. ** I knew what sentiment I wanted to use when I finished the inking, so I was careful to leave some space for it between the vines. **
  • Next, I wiped off the stencil and repositioned it at the top and inked it up with some Peeled Paint DOX ink and repeated that for the bottom.  
  • Lastly, I repeated the whole above process using some Rustic Wilderness DOX ink being sure not to totally covering the first inkings.


  • I had some ink left on my blending brush so rubbed that along the edges and in the center. 
  • I diluted some of the Rustic Wilderness ink and splattered all over the panel with a wet paintbrush and set that aside to dry.
  • I stamped the Mini Monkey from YNS, painted it with some diluted DOX ink and die-cut it out.
  • I stamped the sentiment from Studio G and clear heat embossed it to make it pop against the busy background.  
  • I glued the panel onto a piece of dark green cardstock, then onto a heavy white card base.
  • The last step was that I pop dotted the little monkey to the one side.  



Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(affiliate)


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look

Supplies
Stamps- Mini Monkey (YNS); Happy Birthday (Studio G)
Inks- Distress Oxides; Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ontario)
Accessories and Tools- Hanging Vines (ACLD), clear eb powder; heat tool; TE Blending Brushes;
paintbrush

9 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

A fabulous card Karen, and perfect for one of your little ones, Kate x

I Card Everyone said...

Who doesn't love to monkey around on their birthday? Ha! This is so fun, Karen!!
=]

Christine Alexander said...

Fun card Karen, love your cute little monkey.

Pat said...

I love this cute monkey and a fun sentiment too Karen, and the foliage stencil makes a pretty background. x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great background you created on this fabulous card Karen
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun card with a fabulous stencilled background and a cheeky little monkey x.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wow, love the bright green! A very fun card, XOX

Loll said...

This is JUST PLAIN FUN!! :) This card makes me happy! xx

Bonnie said...

What a fun stenciled background for this sweet monkey! Can't help but smile when I look at that face!