Saturday 12 June 2021

Tropical Blooms





Hello and Welcome
Some pretty today using this great new stencil called Layered Tropical Blooms from A Colorful Life Designs.  
Who doesn't want to think about tropical right now.  Sun, water, cool breezes, nice drink in hand....well I digress.  

So here's what I did to create my card. 
  • I began by cutting a piece of white cardstock for my panel.  I positioned that into the corner of my Misti.  HELPFUL TIP: use your Misti with layering stencils to get the exact placement for each layer.  I laid stencil #1 (flowers) over my paper and rubbed on some Picked Raspberry and Candied Apple Distress Oxide inks with a blending brush.  
  • I removed the flowers stencil and laid down stencil #2 by simply placing it back into the corner of my Misti.  I rubbed on some Mowed Lawn and Peeled Paint over the leaves.  
  • I splashed on some water over the flowers to lift some of the colour and add interest.  I splattered with my white Posca pen.
  • Next, I placed the panel onto my ScorPal and using my ScorBug, I added the perforated line.
  • I placed it back into my Misti to stamp the sentiment. 
  • I mounted it onto a piece of pink cardstock, then onto a heavy white card base.




Here is the stencil I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(affiliate)

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- Fragile Foliage (Altenew)
Inks- Distress Oxides, Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ontario)
Accessories and Tools- Stencil (ACLD); TE blending Brushes; Posca pen; Misti (My Sweet Petunia);
ScorPal; ScorBug; paintbrush

9 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful stencil layered Tropical Blooms, Karen. Wonderful card for a Summer Birthday Card. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Bonnie said...

I'm with you in the sun, water and cool drink, Karen! Beautiful blooms! Awesome stencil!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very tropical. You did a great job with it, too xoxo

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful tropical 'feel' to this card Karen - and I love that you kept it so clean and fresh looking too.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous colours and flowers Karen, and beautifully designed, Kate x

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so beautiful! Wonderful colors.

Pat said...

These layered stencils look great Karen and the bright pink and green tones are perfect for the hibiscus blooms and leaves and a lovely coordinating pink mat too. A beautiful card. x

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful card and love the vibrancy of the colours Karen x....Great stencils too x.

Loll said...

Beautiful and bright card Karen. The colours make me happy! Gorgeous layered stenciling and beautiful font on the lovely sentiment. xx