Sunday 4 September 2022

Friendship

 

Good Morning

Today's card features the new Honeycomb Mask and an older stencil called Indian Blanket both from A Colorful Life Designs. Pairing the 2 together worked so well.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Waffle Flower stencil mat.  
  • I positioned the Honeycomb Mask over my paper and randomly inked it up with some Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink.
  • Leaving that mask in place, I placed the Indian Blanket over the Honeycomb and then inked it up with some Blueprint Sketch DOX ink.
  • Next, I placed the stenciled card front into my Misti and stamped the flowers to one side and then the sentiment.
  • I splattered just over the flowers using my black Posca pen.
  • I glued the dried panel onto a piece of purple cardstock, then onto an A2 card base.


Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(affiliate with no extra cost to you)

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Kraft Chicks- STAMP ACT
We Love Stamping- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Insightful Meadow (Unity); Friends are Family (IO-retired)
Inks- Versamark Clair; DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (ACLD); Waffle Flower Stencil Mat; Blending Brushes (TE);
black Posca pen; Misti

7 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Brilliant ... love it.

brenda said...

Do love a silhouette stamp and this looks lovely over the stencilled background, many thanks for sharing with us at our new September We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Pat said...

This is extremely pretty Karen and the two stencils complement one another perfectly...I love the colours too and the added flowers are beautiful and finished with a lovely sentiment. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So lovely Karen, your background blues are so lovely with the black delicate florals.
Faith x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beauty Karen - love the layered stencilling and the gorgeous colours you used for it. The end result is stunning
Blessings
Maxine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love so much the effect of the flowers silhouette on the layered stencils, such fabulous design!!
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful sentiment and beautiful stenciling ♥