Thursday 1 September 2022

Birthday Greetings

 


Welcome
Today, I am playing with this fun Spinning Lines stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.
I decided to add some paper piercing to give it more interest, something I haven't done in a long time.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I laid a piece of cardstock onto my Mark Art Station and placed the Spinning Lines stencil over that, positioning it just to one side of my card front panel.
  • I inked it up with some Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink.
  • I removed the stencil, wiped it off and repositioned it, shifting it to the white areas left behind after the first inking.  When I had the stencil in place, I inked it up with some Carved Pumpkin DOX ink.
  • I splattered with some water to lift some in and then used my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • I die cut the sentiment with some white cardstock, then a piece of matching pink and glued them together, offsetting a bit.
  • Using a small circle die, I cut out the center of the stencil, then I pierced around the outer edge of the circle to give it more interest.
  • I added a piece of white cardstock behind the panel and pierced the inside of the small circle as well.
  • I popped the finished panel onto a piece of orange cardstock, then onto an A2 card base.
  • I glued the greeting on and added some orange gems around it.


Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(affiliate with no extra cost to you)

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencil (ACLD); TE Blending Brushes; Happy Birthday die (Amazon);
gems (Dollar Store); piercing tool; Make Art Station (Ranger);
Infinity Circle dies (HA)

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What movement this stencil gives, especially when used like this Karen - love the paper piercing - that is a wonderful finishing touch on this stunning card
Blessings
Maxine

Bobby said...

I used to have a jigsaw puzzle that looked a lot like this, Karen. I loved the colors but it was a bear to put together. I like how you used the stencil for a colorful birthday card.

Pat said...

This looks great in the orange and pink Karen, and love the added large pink die cut sentiment over the top, and the pierced outside and centre edges work beautifully with the design of the stencil, like a sort of pinwheel. x