Monday 26 September 2022

Happy Halloween


Welcome
Today, I am playing along with a Clean and Simple challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.
The theme is Halloween.

So, here's what I did to create my card.  
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock and placed it onto my Make Art Station.
  • I positioned the Mid Century Shadow stencil over my card panel, then laid the Pumpkin Patch stencil over that.
  • I inked over the pumpkins with some Mustard Seed and some Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide ink, filling in the first area at top.
  • I moved the pumpkin stencil down and then continued to ink the next 2 areas the same way.
  • I removed the pumpkins and inked the bottom area that I wanted to use for my sentiment.
  • Leaving the Shadow stencil in place, I went back with some Black Soot DOX ink and added that just along the bottom edges of the panels.
  • I removed the stencil and stamped the bats to the side and the sentiment in the bottom section.
  • I glued it onto a piece of orange cardstock, then onto a white A2 size card base.

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(affiliate with no extra cost to you)


Thanks so much for taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- bats (Craftsmart); sentiment (Studio G)
Inks- Versafine, DOX
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencils (ACLD); TE Blending Brushes

8 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

How cute, Karen, and a marvelous use of stencils and color! hugs, de

Anonymous said...

That is a great Halloween 🎃 card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! How cute and fun is this card Karen, it's fabulous.
Faith x

Annie said...

This card is so cute! I love the way you designed the artwork with the pumpkins.

I Card Everyone said...

Karen, this is way too cute to spook!
=]

Bobby said...

What a great idea to combine those stencils, Karen. The card is fab00lous.

Pat said...

What a fun Halloween card Karen using the two stencils together really works well, and love the colours, and the stripe at the bottom makes the perfect place for the sentiment. x

cuilliesocks said...

A fun card Karen, love the design and colours, Kate x