Saturday 24 September 2022

Oh Baby


Hello and Welcome
 This month we are celebrating Babies with lots of new and fun stencils.
The one I used for my card today is called Dream Stars from A Colorful Life Designs.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began with the background.  As I have mentioned in previous posts, I love using 'bleeding tissue paper' to make an easy background.  I bought it on Amazon, reasonably priced and you get a lot.  I cut squares of the tissue, laid them onto a piece of white cardstock, then sprayed with a good amount of water and let dry.
  • It takes a while for the panel to dry so the ink has a chance to transfer to the paper.
Here's what the tissue on the cardstock looks like.

  • When dry, I removed all the piece of tissue. If you still have areas that are not inked and don't want them to be white, repeat the process with new pieces of tissue.
  • I placed the dry panel onto my Make Art Station and rubbed over it with my anti-static bag, then laid the Dream Stars stencil over that.  
  • Using some pressure, I pressed my Versamark pad over the stencil, trying to get into all the open areas.  
  • I sprinkled white embossing powder over the stars and heat embossed.  
  • Some of the stars needed a bit of a touch-up, so I did that with a Versamark pen, added more white eb powder and heated again.
  • I splattered with my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • I die cut the sentiment from some orange cardstock and the outline in some white, then glued those together.
  • I glued the finished panel onto another piece of orange cardstock, then onto an A2 card base.
  • I pop dot mounted the sentiment into the middle of the panel.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(affiliate with no extra cost to you)

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- Versamark ink and pen
Paper- 110lb (Scribes Nook, Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (ACLD); Lawn Fawn white EB powder; white Posca pen;
bleeding tissue paper (Amazon); Oh Baby die (TE)

2 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

A fabulous new baby card, so colourful and a wonderful background, Kate x

Pat said...

What a bright and pretty new baby card Karen using the bleeding art tissue. I was going to buy some quite a while ago but never got around to it, but when I see the results just cutting it into small pieces and covering a piece of card you do get a wonderful result, and the embossed white stars with the spattering finish the background beautifully, and then the white backed orange die cut sentiment looks great. x