Saturday 23 June 2018

Marbled Leaves


Happy Saturday.
Glad to have a bit of crafting time today after being so super busy with life.

I wanted to try out a technique called 'Misti Marbling' that I first saw done by my friend Lydia at Understand Blue. I just loved the results and how the colours blended together.  There is also a tutorial over at Splitcoast Stampers.
What I liked the most about using this technique was that I could add multiple colour layers without contaminating my ink pads with other colours....sometimes when adding colour over colour directly from your ink pads, that happens. 
I began by placing the leaves into my Misti, inked then stamped.  Leaving the stamps in place in my Misti, I dabbed on another colour over the first and stamped again.  I repeated that process with one more colour building up 3 colours on each leaf.
* Lydia used a glove to apply her layers of ink but since I didn't have one, I just put a sandwich bag on my hand and used that to dip my finger into the ink and apply it. *

I love the depth of colour achieved by using this fun and super easy technique.
I used a stitched die from MFT to cut the piece out when finished and mounted that onto a dark blue piece of cardstock.  I die cut an oval with the same colour of cardstock, then I stamped the sentiment with Versamark and white heat embossed it.  I pop dot mounted that over the leaves.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Hope you have a great weekend.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- BRIGHT AND CHEERFUL
Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING STAMPED GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Autumn Leaves (WPlus 9); Fun Thank You (Rubber Soul)
Inks- Versamark; Celery Stick, Freshly Cut Grass, Peacock, Mermaid dye inks (Lawn Fawn)
Paper- heavy white (local store) dark blue
Accessories and Tools- Misti, white eb powder; heat tool; oval die (Spellbinders); Stitched Frame (MFT);
Cuttlebug, pop dots, Mono Tombow clear glue

14 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

Much thanks for your visit and all the kind comments you leave...so appreciated.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous! I love the combination of the colors.

Mac Mable said...

Another fun technique for me to try....And what a fabulous effect. The depth is amazing and the colours beautiful. Thank you so much for the fabulous inspiration x

Marge said...

Oh I love the gradient shades on the stamped images, Karen! Fabulous design and colors. I'll try this technique in my future cards :) Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Marge

Bonnie said...

I love how these colors blended together, Karen! The pretty font of the sentiment and cool colors give this card a playful feel! Glad you've found time to craft!

Pat said...

Another technique for me to try. I have tried inking the stamp in different colours and layering different colours with multiple stamping using the Misti, but this with your finger will give a different impression as you have shown here Karen, and love the mix of colours...so pretty! x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Always so inspirational Karen. A Beautiful make.
Faith
x

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty with the blending of the inks, thanks for the inspiration :)

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great technique - love the colour in your leaves!! Thank you for the link to the tutorials too
Blessings
Maxine

Linda said...

Sounds like a fun technique, with stunning results. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

shirley-bee said...

Great technique, Karen! Love the mottled colours. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It :)

Laura's Craft Closet said...

Your card is fantastic with the marbled ink!

desperatehousewifecraft said...

Oh wow it looks like watercolour, its gorgeous! I love finding new techniques to try. Thanks for sharing it with us at Addicted to Stamps and More and we hope to see more of your beautiful creations again soon. Hugs, Gwendolyn

Monika Reeck said...

oh woooww I love this Misti Marbling technique it looks like you painted it
great leaves on your card
Love this
Many thans for joining us at ATSM this time, I am sorry I am late :)
hugs
Monika