Sunday 15 September 2019

It's All You- The Flower Challenge


Welcome
It's time for another reminder that you still have time to come and play along with us at 




Simple theme to create any card with flowers...and there's 2 great prizes this month from MFT.
Huge thanks to 'My Favorite Things' for sponsoring us, they are giving away two prizes. So we will choose two winners this month! Each will receive a gift card worth $25. Do check out their website as they have amazing crafty things to be seen there !



All our designers and also our guest designer Michele Ferguson have used their products ( kindly donated from MFT) on our cards. Our guest Designer this month is the talented Michele Ferguson. I am sure you all know Michele, she is an avid FC participant, she leaves so many comments for others and makes fabulous cards of course too !




Onto my card details.
I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock and got out my DOX inks with my makeup blending brushes.  Starting at the bottom, I blended Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, next Seedless Preserves, Blueprint Sketch and finally Black Soot at the top.  
When I was happy with all the colour blending, I splattered with water to lift some of the ink; it gives such a great look to the background.
Next, I placed the inky background into my Misti and stamped the flowers randomly along the bottom edge.  I added some more Black Soot DOX ink along the bottom edge to help ground the flowers.
I rubbed the card front with my Anti-static bag, stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink then white heat embossed it so it would pop against the dark background.
I splattered with some white acrylic paint, then mounted the piece onto some black cardstock, then onto a white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Craft Stamper Magazine- TAKE IT MAKE IT- ANYTHING GOES
Cardz for Galz- WELCOME FALL/AUTUMN


Supplies
Stamps- Flower Silhouettes (MFT); Sassy Pants Best Friends (MFT)
Inks- DOX; Tuxedo Black Memento; Versamark
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook); black cardstock
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); makeup blending brushes; white paint; white 
embossing powder




13 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

I just love this, Karen! The contrast of the silhouette florals and night sky inking is gorgeous!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! Karen, that sky is amazing, love how you sponged the colors blending one on top of the other so perfectly.
This looks like a beautiful field of flowers where Faeries might play.
The sentiment is just awesome, funny and so true about some life long friends.
Fabulous card, teammie.
Hugs.

Mac Mable said...

Stunning blending and love the colours. Great silhouette stamping an one glorious card x.

Pat said...

A really super card Karen and I love the rainbow of colours you have used and the the mass of pretty silhouette flowers filling the bottom and a wonderful contrast with the white embossed sentiment which is lovely. x

Julia Aston said...

A gorgeous sponged background with the beautiful colors you used - love the water spots and silhouette stampings!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous sentiment Karen, awesome card.x

kiwimeskreations said...

What amazing sponging Karen - love your colour choice! The silhouette flowers are great against it. That sentiment is awesome - I have a friend who would really appreciate that on a card from me!
Blessings
Maxine

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Karen, I love the bold colours on your background and the silhouette floral images, Kate x

Dawn Phillips said...

Love the card and the quote. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

Viv said...

Such a lot of depth to this card background Karen, I love it! and your beautiful flower silhouettes of course too ;)hugs Viv xx

Bobby said...

What a gorgeous sunset behind the flower silhouettes, Karen. I used the stamps in an entirely different way which shows the versatility of the set. MFT should be happy.

Linda said...

This looks amazing. I love the bold coloured background. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Cazro said...

A gorgeous card, I do like the sentiment. Thanks for joining us ar Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT.