Sunday 29 September 2019

Rose Garden- Acrylic Block Coloring

Welcome
Today, I have the pleasure of hosting the TLC Challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers.
The challenge I chose is called Acrylic Block Stamping.

So awhile back, I watched a video by Lydia Fiedler and was so intrigued by the look that she achieved using this technique.
Here is the video that explains about how she did it:

So I began by stamping the Rosa Eden Roses stamp onto my card front with the black Verafine ink.
I didn't have a block that was big enough to colour the whole flower so I used a smaller one and worked in sections
I placed my small block over the stamp upside down and coloured directly onto my acrylic block with my Zig markers.  I sprayed with a bit of water and then pressed onto the stamped image.
I continued that process until my whole flower was inked.
I love the unique look it gives to a stamped image with little effort.

I stamped the sentiment with more black ink and simply mounted it onto a white card base.



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
I hope you will give this easy, fun technique a try!!

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Addicted to Stamps- FOR A LADY/GIRL
Crafty Friends- SPECIAL OCCASION

Supplies
Stamps- Rosa Eden Roses (Picket Fence); Scripted Bold Sentiments 2 (Pinkfresh Studio)
Inks- Zig Watercolour pens; Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- acrylic block; Mister (TH)

8 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Karen this looks like a fun technique :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Thank you for putting up this challenge, and also the video - I love the look of this technique and will have a play shortly.
Your card is gorgeous Karen - love the colours you have chosen for the rose image
Blessings
Maxine

Craftychris said...

Such a gorgeous and unique look to this card! Will go and watch the video, thank you for the link. xxx

Mac Mable said...

Such a unique and fun effect and the black is so striking. The font looks terrific too on your fabulous card x. Playing catch up as I had computer problems x.

Lori m said...

Gorgeous, really love this technique, hugs, Lori m

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Karen, I love the floral image and colours, looks a fab technique, Kate x

Bonnie said...

A wonderful way to color these flowers, Karen!

Ela said...

Wow, unique card you've made! Love it. Thanks for sharing it at Crafty Friends. Hugs Ela DT