Saturday 28 September 2019

Christmas Joy


Hello and Welcome
Penny Black has a great new release happening and this Homespun wreath stamp is one in the Christmas series.


When I saw the stamp I loved the look but when I put it into my Misti to stamp with it, a new idea came to mind to use it in a new way. 
So here is the stamp and what I did.


I began by positioning the stamp into my Misti, using just the evergreen and cones at the top of my card front.  Using my Tombow markers, I coloured in the evergreens with 2 different shades of green and pressed onto my paper.  I coloured the cones with some brown and did the same.  
By using the markers, I was able to apply ink only where I wanted it and was able to eliminate the branches part of the stamp.
When I was happy with the inking, I left the stamp right where it was and rotated my card in the Misti so the top stamping was now at the bottom.  I repeated colouring in my stamp and pressed onto my card front.  The two areas met up and merged perfectly together to create the wreath.
I took a wet paintbrush and pulled some of the colour on the pinecones to colour them in.
I stamped the sentiment from the Thrill of Hope sentiment set, then mounted the wreath onto a piece of dark green cardstock and onto a heavy white card base.
To finish off my card, I added some little red pearls to look like the berries.

It was so simple to get this unique looks from this stamp and it's nice to be able to get a totally different look using it.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Winter Wonderland- USE A FAV EMBELLISHMENT
(small pearls)
Brown Sugar- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Homespun (PB); Thrill of Hope (PB)
Inks- Tombow Markers; Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook); green cs
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); red pearls; paintbrush

8 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Karen, I love the direct to stamp colouring and great idea rotating the stamp to make a full wreath :)

Bunny said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty. [Bunny]

Lin said...

Love your results, Karen, a perfect evergreen wreath!

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Karen, such a lovely wreath and festive colours too, Kate x

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Karen and love how you got the look you wanted by simply rotating the card stock! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Pat said...

What a gorgeous wreath Karen and it looks great with the foliage, berries and cones all around instead of just the bottom half. A great result! x

Bonnie said...

What a great idea to make a full wreath with this stamp! More ways to use a stamp is always welcome! Thanks for the inspiration, my friend!

Mac Mable said...

What a creative idea and a wonderful way to get more out of the stamp. Stunning card and great patience to how you inked it up....Glorious card x.