Sunday 22 September 2019

Gather


Welcome

Fall arrives tomorrow. 
 I can't believe how quickly the summer has past, but I welcome the splendor that is all the Fall colours.  That is what inspired my card today.
I decided to create a card for Thanksgiving.

I began by making the background, using a piece of heavy white cardstock.
I used a credit card dipped into some DOX inks and I dragged the ink across and down my card front.
To see more cards done like this, search Swipe Your Credit card on the search tag ---->
It's easy and fun to do.

When I was happy with the coverage of ink, I placed the piece into my Misti and stamped the trees using some black ink.
Next, I took a piece of black cardstock and stamped the sentiment from IO with Versamark and then white heat embossed it.  I cut it out and then popped it over the trees.
I mounted the piece onto some orange cardstock, then onto a heavy white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Use Your Stuff- TAGS AND FRAMES
Alphabet Challenge- M FOR MASCULINE
Cardz 4 Galz- WELCOME FALL/AUTUMN

Supplies
Stamps- Cover a Card Tree Line (IO); Gather (IO)
Inks- Carved Pumpkin, Cracked Pistachio; Spiced Marmalade; Festive Berries DOX ink (TH);
Memento black, Versamark
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook); black and orange
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); white eb powder; heat tool, old credit card

12 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a glorious fall background and love the autumnal look to your stunning card Karen x. Yes where did the Summer go? x

missgailly said...

Fantastic! Love that background. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The fall colors are beautiful! Great job!

Lori m said...

Beautiful card, love the idea and background, hugs, Lori m

kiwimeskreations said...

Your background is beautiful Karen - it looks like a sunset behind the trees.
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn Phillips said...

I love all the layers of detail you've got going on. Creating the background before stamping and then adding the sentiment. I haven't the patience to wait for layers to dry. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

SherylH said...

Oh love your background, and then the black silhouette trees on top is perfect!

Basslady said...

a fabulous card!

thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi xoxo

marilyn said...

Love the card as well! Tried searching on "Swipe your credit card" and all I get is info on real credit cards and how to swipe through the machines! Got a direct link?

Debbie Mageed said...

Great Autumn card! I really love the layers you created with color. Thank you for playing in my masculine challenge and hope you can join the Alphabet Challenge again soon.

cuilliesocks said...

What a fabulous card Karen, I love the colours and the brilliant background, as I love trees the silhouette trees are lovely, Kate x

Bonnie said...

Awesome background for this stand of trees, Karen! Love that sentiment!