Monday 7 October 2019

Merry Everything

Good Morning and Welcome.

Meet today's card.
Playing with some new releases from Penny Black.  I really like this Snowflake Tag die as it cuts the outer edge and the inside so you are able to use each on it's own or switch it up like I did.
You could really make some wonderful Christmas tags but I decided to use it as an element on my card instead of a tag today.

So here's what I did to create my card.
For the background I wanted a frosty look, so using  a piece of Yupo, I dropped Alcohol inks over the paper and added Rubbing Alcohol and Blending Solution to help the colour move and blend on the paper until I was happy with the look.
As that dried, I die-cut the inside of the snowflake from a leftover piece of cardstock that I had inked up with Brushos.  I like to keep my leftovers as they come in handy for die cutting.
I die-cut the outside edge on the white then fit them back together again, gluing them onto a small piece of white cardstock across the back you can't see, for stability.  I also cut away the hook at the top.  
Using a piercing tool, I pierced the rectangle frame to one side for interest and glued the snowflake over that side.
I stamped the sentiment from the Thrill of Hope set with Versamark onto the black cardstock and silver heat embossed it.  I glued the card front to a heavy white card base then pop dotted the sentiment over the snowflake.



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Craft Stamper Magazine- MAKE IT TAKE IT 
Love to Create- ANYTHING GOES MIXED MEDIA


Supplies
Stamps- Thrill of Hope (PB)
Inks- Versamark; Alcohol inks (Ranger)
Paper- Yupo; heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Snowflake Tag (PB); Misti (My Sweet Petunia); 
silver eb powder (Lawn Fawn); Cuttlebug; Brushos; Blending Solution (Ranger); 
Piercing tool

12 comments:

Lori m said...

Gorgeous background, those blues are stunning and your snowflake is perfect for a beautiful card, hugs, Lori m

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Karen, gorgeous snowflake and a wonderful background, Kate x

Pat said...

What a fabulous AI background Karen and the double layer snowflake goes beautifully and I love your pierced rectangle and a great silver embossed sentiment too. x

Mac Mable said...

What a striking card. Love the vibrancy of the alcohol inks and the way you have done the snowflake is fabulous x.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful AI background, so pretty with your white snowflake border. Love the card :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous use of the snowflake die Karen, and I love the piercing on the blue background!
Blessings
Maxine

foleysfriend said...

So gorgeous! I love the background you created and the beautiful snowflake with all the detail. The pierced rectangle is just the perfect amount of "texture" added to the card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

debs29blue said...

Stunning card and the background is so beautiful. May I ask, what colour alcohol inks you used fir this please? Thank you x

Terry said...

https://welove2create.blogspot.com/
Just perfect thank you for sharing your lovely project with the DT from We Love To Create Hugs Terry xxx (DT)

Bonnie said...

A beautiful background and snowflake, Karen! Love this!

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous snowflake card, Karen! Thanks for joining us at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It!

Linda said...

WOW! This looks fab. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx