Saturday 5 October 2019

Little Moments

Good Morning.
Fall is here and the beauty that it shares with us is so wonderful.
I love this sentiment and wanted to use it on a card.

I called my card "Little Moments" as my little daycare kids have given me so many smiles of late as they delight in collecting the colourful leaves.  We love to walk and 'scrunch' in the leaves, it is just magic for them and that's what I wanted to depict in my card today.

I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock and placed it into my Misti.  Using some Versafine ink, I stamped the sentiment to the center of my paper.
Next, I grabbed a variety of DOX inks and this great stencil called Leaf Set 1 from A Colorful Life Designs.  I stencilled the leaves to surround the sentiment overlapping them as much as possible.
I mounted the finished piece onto a yellow piece of cardstock then onto a heavy white card base.
I think it made for a fun card.



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Leaf set 1 stencil
Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs


Adding my card to these challenges:
CAS on Fridays- MASCULINE
Addicted to CAS- ANYTHING GOES
Daring Cardmakers- PHOTO INSPIRATION

Supplies
Stamp- Second Spring (Art Gone Wild)
Inks- Versafine Clair Nocturne; DOX (Carved Pumpkin, Fossilized Amber, Rusty Hinge, Bundled Sage, Fired Brick)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook); orange cs
Accessories and Tools- Leaf Set 1 (A Colorful Life Designs)

12 comments:

Viv said...

This is lovely Karen!

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Karen, lovely colours and leaf design, Kate x

Pat said...

This is so colourful and pretty and the leaf shapes work well together on this stencil, and a great sentiment to go with them too. A beautiful card! x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This stenciled frame is fantastic! Love the wonderful colors and layering.

Donna Ellis said...

Makes me want to jump in a pile of leaves, Karen! Darling colorful creation! XXOO

Lori m said...

Gorgeous card, love the stenciled background it's the perfect fall card, hugs, Lori m

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty Karen :)

kiwimeskreations said...

A fabulous card Karen. Love hte way you stencilled the leaves, and your colour choice for them.
I still like scrunching autumn leaves... I need to be a wee bit more careful nowadays 'cos they call me a senior, and I wouldn't want to dent my pride by slipping :)
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

Fun and fabulous card. The colors look beautiful and the layering effect with the stencilling looks great. Magic memories for you and the little kiddos and one magic card too x.

Miri said...

What a lovely card! The sentiment is great and absolutely deserves to be the focal point of your colourful autumn card.
Thanks for sharing your creation with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

foleysfriend said...

I love how "crisp" the sentiment looks against the more airy look of the beautiful leaves. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Peanut said...

What a pretty card, Karen! Beautiful autumn colours. Love the quote too. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha