Sunday 20 October 2019

The Colours of Fall

Good Morning.
The air is crisp and cool and the leaves of Fall are inspiring to me.
Here is another card I made using a real maple leaf I picked up on a walk.  
This one is similar to the card I posted the other day except I changed up the colour scheme.

To see the other card using a real leaf go here:

So onto my card details.  Super simple one to do.
I began by diluting some Brushos on my non-stick craft mat with water.  The Brushos are so highly pigmented that they are perfect for adding deep colour values.  Using the back side of the leaf, I painted on some Brushos, being sure to cover the entire leaf.  You only get one chance to get it right as if doing a letter press.  When I was happy with the coverage, I pressed it onto my heavy white cardstock to create a print of the leaf.  I set that aside to dry a bit.
When it was dry, I took a wet paintbrush and pulled some of the colour from the leaf out around it to look like a reflective puddle.
I placed the piece into my Misti and stamped the sentiment then I splattered with some black paint to add interest.  I simply mounted it onto a piece of heavy white cardstock base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
CAS on Fridays- BIG SENTIMENT OR WORD
Craft Stamper Magazine TAKE IT MAKE IT
CAS Watercolour Challenge- MAPLE LEAF


Supplies
Stamps- Scripted Bold Sentiments (Pinkfresh Studios)
Inks- Versafine Nocturne; Brushos
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); real maple leaf; paintbrush

9 comments:

Loll said...

Am loving your maple leaf cards Karen. Gorgeous colours ... and you always have the BEST sentiments. I need to get outside and pick up some leaves before they are blown away (although that is unlikely to happen soon with all the rain). xx

Pat said...

Another beautiful image and so special to do this with a real leaf, and the brushos being so pigmented it has worked a treat. I must try with a beech or sycamore, or even an oak leaf. I must go hunting soon before they deteriorate, though the trees have not dropped that many leaves over here yet. x

Nora Noll said...

I love the way you got such dimensional look on this using that maple leaf. Totally gorgeous design!!

Annie said...

Oh, I love this one too, Karen! What a cool and fun technique.

kiwimeskreations said...

Another wonderful leaf print Karen - I am loving this series of cards, and the colours on this one are marvellous!
Blessings
Maxine

cuilliesocks said...

Stunning card Karen, wonderful idea to use an actual leaf, beautifully coloured and designed, Kate x x

Bonnie said...

Another beautiful maple leaf, Karen! Love the font and size of the sentiment! Another perfect Fall card, my friend!

Mac Mable said...

So unique and absolutely stunning and what fabulous colours x

Linda said...

This looks amazing .... the colours are perfect and I love the large sentiment. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx